Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: workshop tent?

[QUOTE=Whiterabbit;14667]
    Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post

My last router table refurbish project, I added a cabinet below the table so I could later punch a 6" hole in it and fasten a 6" pipe flange for the dust collector. Which was punched for a 4" pipe for the fence.

It is awesome. I definitely recommend incorporating a cabinet into the design.
    Completely agree. Mine is going to be a router table/work bench/tool storage/saw table catch table

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
    You obviously failed to see the ironic point I was trying to pass.
    Your "ironic point" was not missed but ignored. The point of my post was to provide information for the MANY people that don't use a respirator while working MDF.
    Pioneer - Helix - Kenwood - Fountek - SEAS - xtant - Phoenix Gold
    Team EMD - Team Show Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Whitledge Designs View Post
    Jon Whitledge wishes people would focus on the value and significance his work rather than nitpick about things that are inconsequential.
    :thumbsup:

And a very valid point it is indeed (yours, not mine).

Regarding the router table cabinet, from what I've seen it does miracles when used together with a dust collector. Let's hope mine doesn't take too long to build.
    Nick
    Virtus probata florescit: reversio

Founding Member
    There are a ton of resources. Best design I've seen had three DC hookups. one under the table, one on the fence, and another on a shroud at the table edges to "catch" the dust that invariable flies sideways. Hits a blast shield made of a curtain (sewn fabric with internal chains to keep it heavy) at the table edges, that's where it gets vacuumed up.

My table only has two ports, but I made sure the fence got a 4" pipe and the cabinet a 6" pipe, rather than the rockler style 4"/2" adapter. pain to build, but worth it.

The only dust that escapes my table is that stuff shot sideways (and there is ALOT of it!) because I don't want to build that chain-curtain thing.

I am going with the 4"/2" plan for now. hopefully it will be good enough. I will have a 1500CFM DC for just that tool.

I only get about 3-4 hours a week to work on it, so i have been working on it for a 2 months, lol. next step is drawer slides and actually buying a router, lol. looks like the bosch 1617 EVS is in my future.

Founding Member
    One thing I know for sure, if your tabletop is gonna be as big as the cabinet, you'll be on cloud 9 when pushing your first work pieces around on it. Having "walking around" space is so nice on a router.

table top itself is 4' by 2' with an additional 2' drop leaf on the in-feed side if I need it. (making it 6' x 2') the fence will be about 28" split fence. I am hoping it will do all I need.

the lastest thing I added. gas charged ram to open the router table top. (yes the bolts need trimming, lol)

be easier to just read it here. suffice to say drawer slides are harder to install than they look, lol.