Thread: Use quality deadening products!

Real Name
    Matt

Use quality deadening products!

A while back ATSaubrey (sp?) over on DIYMA was trying to raise funds for an animal shelter. I donated, and received some "SPL tiles". a product that Second Skin tried to sell after Don at Sound deadener showdown came out with his product. I already had my stuff from Don, so I tossed them in a box.

But, as luck would have it, I put them in the same box I was storing my CLD tiles. I dont know when I started using them/ran out of SDS product, but I found out last week I had some of them in my truck. I contacted Don, and got some quality product to replace them with. Yesterday I pulled the door panel to find them loose around the edges. I pulled on them a little, and this was the result:

Got them out of the doors.

Yes, thats my blood that I bled. that 10mil thick foil will cut you up good.

And a big "Thank You" to Don. Once again, super easy to work with, FAST shipping, and I was able to get the bad stuff out, and get back to a solid product the weekend after I found my mistake. I already have the remainder of the SPL tiles out of the audio box so this does not occur again.

So, anyone want to pay shipping on some SPL tiles?

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Might be wrong but I tought SPL tiles were to be used on a horizontal plane instead of a vertical plane.

Could be the reason for it coming apart...

Kelvin

Real Name
    Matt
    I guess it would be impossible to fall off it was laying on the floor.

Want to buy some floor deadener?

Real Name
    Matt
    http://web.archive.org/web/201001010...ing-tiles.php?

Noise Reduction Uses...

The first acoustical problem in any sound deadening project is structure borne noise This is the harmonics and resonance that is emitted from the cars sheet metal panels, similar to a wind chime. Unlike wind chimes however, our cars are not tuned to any specific musical frequency, so what we end up hearing is the road noise, engine rumble and exhaust drone.

Stopping the vibrations on your cars metal panels is much like stopping a noisy wind chime with your hand. Once the vibrations stop, the structure borne noise stops.

Traditional noise mats are mostly inefficient mass loaders; heavy & foul smelling tar boards that work by adding weight to the cars metal to quiet it down. This technology is over 50 years old, and for some reasons, is still being promoted by many of our competitors.

Our SPL Tiles are not a mass loader or a heavy tar board.
    Rather, they are a constraint layer viscoelastic damper that converts the vibrational energy in to low level heat. This conversion of energy makes it 300% more efficient than traditional mass loading tar boards and asphalt mats while weighing half as much!

Because SPL Tiles have the thickest foil in the industry, you need less of them to get similar results comared to other products!

Mobile Audio

Not everyone needs these little gems, but those that do will notice a huge increase in vibration damping and energy containment.

These SPL tiles are the most effective vibration reducing product we sell. Simply peel and stick them on the sheet metal of your car and immediately kill structure borne noise and increase the performance of your audio system.

With the thickest foil in the industry, our SPL tiles are certain to increase your car stereos audio output, and kill more vibrations than anything remotely similar.
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pto:p>

Thermal Insulation

The industries thickest and strongest foil.
    The industries highest rubber content.
    The industries best pricing.

What more do you need?