Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any request?

BAM!!

Only Toyota truck CSR did. I'll get er scanned next week. Going to just set the scanner up in my office. Should start cranking them out after that.

I love the mags too guys. I would read every one of them cover to cover back in the day. Sometimes it was hard to wade through marketing hype vs. real information... but I still loved it nonetheless. Least I can do is share the love.

Edit: Found Fish's Ranger too

BAMBAM!!

Last edited by imjustjason; 03-29-2012 at 07:57 PM.

wicked :headbang:

You are THE man!
    STI<>GTO

First round of scans I did a year or so ago I tried to get all of the major memorable competitor cars that often seem to be brought up in discussion. This time around I'm going to throw up my personal faves, like the Comanche and the grey Mustang.

If there is a "famous" or even an "infamous" car I missed in the first round let me know. IF there is something you want to see in this round let me know. I just want us to have a little archive of the classics. Hopefully you guys will enjoy them.

Founding Member
    Joe Amore's Prelude and George Saltzman 1997 Honda Prelude-Not sure if either of these were ever in a mag or not though.
    Team JL Audio, Team MSE (Mobile SoundStage Engineering), Team Zapco

I love this thread more than you will ever know. I have some articles scanned that you may be interested in posting. PM me your email and I can email them to you. Here is the list, Greg Cassis Typhoon and Riviera, Mark Fakuda's Blazer, Mike Mineo's Camaro as well as some other PJ's installs. I would love it if you could find Dan Palhamous (spelling) Civic, Holly Mungal's Ferrari and the White PJ's van from 89 - 91 time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by genxx View Post
    Joe Amore's Prelude and George Saltzman 1997 Honda Prelude-Not sure if either of these were ever in a mag or not though.
    Hey Brian, were they both popular around the late 90's or was it early 2000's? I looked around on the internet some and found a ton of pics of Joe's here. Image Dynamics Honda Prelude 4-Sale - DIYMA Car Audio Forum I'll go through the mags real quick to see if I can find an article on either one of them.

How is your Prelude coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I love this thread more than you will ever know. I have some articles scanned that you may be interested in posting. PM me your email and I can email them to you. Here is the list, Greg Cassis Typhoon and Riviera, Mark Fakuda's Blazer, Mike Mineo's Camaro as well as some other PJ's installs. I would love it if you could find Dan Palhamous (spelling) Civic, Holly Mungal's Ferrari and the White PJ's van from 89 - 91 time frame.
    Fukada's Blazer is one I had planned on doing soon, being that I am a VSE nut. Mineo's Camaro was also on the list, some beautiful work there. I'm pretty sure I have Palhamous Civic, it was very early on in the magazine world. I know I've seen Holly's Ferrari and Grand National both so I just have to find those again.

Founding Member
    Thanks for the link to some cool pics of that Prelude. I always like that install the work is art. My prelude will restart the build process Jan 2013. The issue was the amount of money to do what I wanted to do, so been saving. The stereo actually is not what was killing me on price. It is motor work, suspension, paint, interior ect. I am rebuilding the entire car it will be better than it was when it was brand new. I just had no clue for me to reach my vision it was going to be so much money. I am not building a trailer queen even though my wife thinks I am crazy for doing this and then plan to drive at least 1 to 2 days a week commuting. I want to enjoy it all the time though. So right now after talking to all the people that it will take to reach my vision in am at $25,000 to $30,000 to get it all done.

My truck is back to a driver only no more comps ever. I do have another project I am working on though and will post build pics when it starts in about 2 weeks and should be done by 1 July. So should have something new for everyone to check out.
    Team JL Audio, Team MSE (Mobile SoundStage Engineering), Team Zapco

It would be awesome if you could post the article on mickey brones' mitsubishi eclipse. it was featured in csr.
    it would also be nice to see the article in carsound on dave navones' tbird.
    also there was a bmw850 that had mtx amps and subs and ran veritas midbasses and horns i think it was in as&s

MATT HASHIMOTO, 88 CAMARO,PUBLISHED IN CSR MIDDLE 90'S, BUILT BY SPEAKERWORKS , USD AUDIO SPEAKERS , SOUNDSTREAM AMPS, USD (RANE) PROCESSORS . thanks i hope you have it