Thread: 2012 Chevy equinox help

Founding Member

2012 Chevy equinox help

I am receiving my new company vehicle shortly. I have some equipment just lying around and figured since I drive 55000 miles a year for work, I would put in some jams. Since it's also a lease vehicle, I need to be able to pull it quickly. Is there an adapter that I would need to tie in an MS8? I will use the MS8 to power the speakers and also add a sub and amp. I run XM radio and onstar and want to keep both with the factory head unit.

Any help is appreciated!

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Try to do a search on the MS-2 Pocket Precessor...

Kelvin

Founding Member
    Thanks but already have a new in box MS-8 sitting here.
    I would love to be able to just tap into the speaker outs from the head unit and use that as signal while using same wires to run speakers from the MS8.

did that make sense?

The next MS-great saga begins.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    The next MS-great saga begins.
    Awww probably not that bad... Had the thing sitting in box from when Amazon had their sale on them. Just haven't had a reason or time to use it. Hell only put on 3000 miles on my car since last year and I let a friend drive it for two weeks.

Hoping that it will be an easy drop in install for the company vehicle (I put about 50-60K a year on them). I am just wondering if the signal to the speakers is heavily processed from the factory or if they went with a flat normal output.

MSS Supporting Vendor
    Real Name
    Aaron Hammett
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post
    Awww probably not that bad... Had the thing sitting in box from when Amazon had their sale on them. Just haven't had a reason or time to use it. Hell only put on 3000 miles on my car since last year and I let a friend drive it for two weeks.

Hoping that it will be an easy drop in install for the company vehicle (I put about 50-60K a year on them). I am just wondering if the signal to the speakers is heavily processed from the factory or if they went with a flat normal output.
    Probably not flat. I'll be pulling mine out (much older...2002 Bravada) for a replacement. By ear, there is at least a 12dB rise at 100Hz and 10kHz at low volume. The tone controls are low Q and are shelving which is completely useless for anything but the cheapest stock speakers. By the time you're at full volume, the bass is actively compressed to prevent clipping and the treble is searing.
    I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.