Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is your real (first) name?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniVanMan View Post
    As for drinkers, I'll put ANYBODY up against the Koreans.
    My Korean grad assistant used to bring me these wines that caused me to run backwards uncontrollably... Some may call it the longest fall ever.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    My Korean grad assistant used to bring me these wines that caused me to run backwards uncontrollably... Some may call it the longest fall ever.
    Soju!!

Soju - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love this part.

Andong Soju was common during the Silla Dynasty, when it was the duty of housewives to distill soju using secrets passed down from mother-in-law to daughter-in-law.
    "Bitch, MAKE me a beer".
    Just because you don't understand the data doesn't mean it's not relevant.

Wayne

Real Name
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniVanMan View Post
    Prohibitions in Sikhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I work with some Sikhs as well, one of which is very strict. I'm gonna have to ask. I wonder if this is something along the lines of a Jew sitting down to a nice ham dinner, which tripped me up the first time it happened with me and my step-mother's family.

Orthodox Jews are very different than the majority of Jews out there.

As for drinkers, I'll put ANYBODY up against the Koreans. They'll wake up in the middle of the street, stumble to work and still be able to build a car.
    lol, I've never met a Sikh who deosn't drink-in the local hospital the majority of alcohol related posters are targetting Sihks!

1. Cutting hair: Cutting hair is strictly forbidden in Sikhism. Sikhs are required to keep unshorn hair.

Most in the UK cut their hair, mainly younger generations born over here.

1. Intoxication: Consumption of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, and other intoxicants is not allowed. Intoxicants are strictly forbidden for a Sikh.[1][2][3]

Like I said EVERY Sikh I know drinks, normally to massive excess, including the Turban wearing ones

1. Adultery: In Sikhism, the spouses must be physically faithful to one another.[1][2][3][4]

ROFLMAO, next to alcohol this is their 2nd favourite pass time

1. Blind spirituality: Superstitions and rituals should not be observed or followed, including pilgrimages, fasting and ritual purification; circumcision; idols, grave worship; compulsory wearing of the veil for women; etc.

Growing your hair and beard don’t count? Always have a jostick burning in a little shrine

1. Material obsession: Obsession with material wealth is not encouraged in Sikhism.

Which is why my boss drives an S-Class, spends 1000s on Kimber cables, Sonus Faber speakers, his brothers drive A8 and M6

1. Sacrifice of creatures: The practice of sati (widows throwing themselves on the funeral pyre of their husbands), ritual animal sacrifice to celebrate holy occasions, etc. are forbidden.

Not seen any of that, 1 out of 6 so far ain’t bad;)

1. Non-family-oriented living: A Sikh is encouraged not to live as a recluse, beggar, yogi, monastic (monk/nun) or celibate.

Wow, two out of 7! Though the family living has a lot of gay Sikhs marrying and then having affairs the whole time.

1. Worthless talk: Bragging, gossip, lying, slander, "back-stabbing", etc. are not permitted. The Guru Granth Sahib tells the Sikh, "Your mouth has not stopped slandering and gossiping about others. Your service is useless and fruitless."[5]

lol

1. Priestly class: Sikhism does not have priests, they were abolished by Guru Gobind Singh (the 10th Guru of Sikhism).[6] The only position he left was a Granthi to look after the Guru Granth Sahib, any Sikh is free to become Granthi or read from the Guru Granth Sahib.[6]

True AFAIK

1. Eating meat killed in a ritualistic manner (Kutha meat): Sikhs are strictly prohibited from eating meat killed in a ritualistic manner (such as halal or kosher, known as Kutha meat[7] ), or any meat where langar is served.[8] In some small Sikh Sects, i.e. Akhand Kirtani Jatha eating any meat is believed to be forbidden, but this is not a universally held belief.[9] The meat eaten by Sikhs is known as Jhatka meat.

Hmmm, they seem all to happy to eat Halal meat here. Some are vegetarian for one day of the week, though I’ve found this to be either Tuesdays or Thrusdays

1. Having premarital or extramarital sexual relations[1][2][10][11]

See adultery!

Not sure why all the points numbers have changed to 1!

Never drunk with a Korean-will have to find a few to try this out!
    Last edited by TheBaronGroog; 07-02-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Rodney Stockley

Sent from my iPhone

Dan

No surprises there.

Real Name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    We have this supermodel style hot blonde, leggy, blue eyed, student at work.

We call her "The Norwegan Snow Princess."
    She wants you

John.
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.'
    William Butler Yeats

She's a weird girl.

One day she was drinking something in the elevator an every time she took a sip she made this weird sound with her lips, you know like kids make when they are "super tasting something"

SHE WAS DRINKING WATER!!!

So I'll admit I have a WTF stare going on, and suddenly she looks at me and goes "What?"

Me, not having that brain to mouth filter goes, "Good shit ain't it?"

She will not even look at me in the hallway anymore.