Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm baaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaack (with the Klippel)

Founding Member
    Got the green bar to the end.

I want to see more testing.

GL Erin.

Real Name
    Adam
    It's a deal, Erin. At $75 and climbing.

Also, I can show you how to integrate a folder structure into a Wordpress site for data archiving. I've got one set up on my blog site (which I haven't done anything with yet).
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Adam
    I think the data from the QC unit is more than sufficient for 95% of user needs. I think you'd be wise to head down that path for now, continue to raise some money (I'll continue to help going forward as you identify objectives) and then move to the next level if and when it makes sense.

The rub and buzz testing in particular is going to be really cool. Looking forward to electronics testing as well.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Administrator
    I can think of all kinds of havoc you could wreak with that piece of equipment.
    Just because you don't understand the data doesn't mean it's not relevant.

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Can't wait to see some tests... When you stopped test for DIYMA, I was so disappointed coz I was getting quite informed on how to read the data correctly.

Thanks for doing this,
    Kelvin

PS: paypal account address for funds please

Erin, roll your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_MSS View Post
    It's a deal, Erin. At $75 and climbing.
    Start bidding on that crown MT2400, it's clean

I'll ask around here locally... Check the specs, see if a MT1200 will do it also, remember parallel mono gets you to an incredibly low impedance.

Real Name
    Adam
    QSC PLX-1202 is on the table if you are interested. Happy to loan it to you if you just want to try it out.

First and foremost thanks to the folks at Klippel for providing discounted pricing/an outright donation (I'm not sure which) to help the little guy out. I think this speaks volumes about their confidence in Erin and his capabilities. Second, thanks to Adam for his donation/assistance. I've only recently become a regular on this site but I must say this is a welcome change from the current direction most car audio sites are taking (I'll refrain from mentioning any sites specifically).

But I guess I will be the first voice of dissention. Don't get me wrong I think this is a positive step forward but I wonder about the differences in the QC version and the R&D version. I tried to find a comparison on the klippel site but I'm not sure what I found Application Notes provides an accurate comparison. Again I am no klippel expert and with a LOT more research I could probably figure out the differences but they aren't readily apparent. At first blush however there seems to be a VERY large difference in capabilities.

I am an EE and therefore a gEEK to the core but I was very interested in the Bl vs excursion and symmetry plots, suspension variance with excursion and symmetry plots, inductance vs excursion plots, detailed distortion plots including contributing factors (Bl, suspension, inductance), compression, and etc that were previously provided. Again I think the QC version is definitely a step in the right direction but I can't really accurately determine the differences at this point.

All decisions of this type come down to a best value analysis. Of the things I want, what can I get and how much does it cost? Everyone has to live with fiscal constraints (although some are a lot different than others - BIll Gates vice me). I would just encourage an examination of options to determine the best value.

In closing I will admit that I may have a slanted perspective and I shared this already with Erin. Therefore my opinion my be slanted as well but has anyone done a comparison of the two systems? If so, could you provide a synopsis?

Again my sincere thanks to the folks at Klippel, Erin, and Adam for brining us this far.
    Last edited by sssnake; 06-22-2012 at 10:05 PM.

And yes I have been accused of having "paralysis of analysis"

You should see all of the crap I'm going through trying to figure what engine mods to make on the caddy :wacko: