Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm baaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaack (with the Klippel)

I'm baaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaack (with the Klippel)

Of my own, nonetheless.
    ;)

Through an awesome deal with the folks at Klippel, I will be testing once again for my website. This time, however, the data is mine and I can post it anywhere I want. That means I can post it on my site, but also this site and any other place I want. I own the data. There's a lot to be said for that kind of freedom. We're still ironing out some details but this looks like it'll happen soon.

Some things worth mentioning:
    • Obviously they can't just give me gear, but they're doing their best to help me out. I'll likely be picking up a QC unit but I'm trying to make sure it is capable of providing the data set we are used to seeing (such as LSI curves, etc).
    • I will also be purchasing a microphone.
    • In addition, Klippel makes what appears to be a Temperature/Humidity measurement accessory and if it works like I suspect it does (calibrate a DUT for measurement in varying environments), then I'm going to be purchasing that as well. I need it because it allows me flexibility in where/how I conduct my test. Previously, my testing was done in my bonus room. Since then, I've sold that home. Right now, I'm in a rental home and will have to conduct tests in my garage where it's not a consistent environment.
    • I'll also likely be purchasing a new power amp to conduct tests with. I need to shop around. The problem is finding good power for a good price. I'm not so much a fan of the Behringer amps in this application, and I'm speaking from experience here.

I may wind up having to ask for contributions because I'm probably going to wind up in the +$1k range before it's all said and done.

I'll update the thread as I go. But, all in all, it looks like I'll be back up and running soon!

Stay tuned!

- Erin

Edit:
    Looks like we're good to go. Getting my own R&D unit and Microphone soon. See this post:
    http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f1...html#post15564
    Last edited by ErinH; 06-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

thumbsup for you!

I'll chip in what I can. Awesome!

Good deal!

Founding Member
    Sweet, a loaner Klippel! Must have some rep with those guys. gl

it looks like I can also do amplifier and dsp testing with the QC DA. :headbang:
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

holyfrickinpoop. awesome. PM me your PP. :p not that one, your paypal for donations, perv.

Administrator
    I know someone who's probably going to have fits over this. For the rest of us though, I'm sure there's a huge, collective "WAY TO GO!!".

I'm sure we can work out a donation process to get you up and running. I know you want to stay independent, so it would have to be with the understanding that it will be independent of this site. However, you know we would LOVE to sponsor you in some way.
    Just because you don't understand the data doesn't mean it's not relevant.

Real Name
    George
    Awesome! Looking forward to a nice pool of tests.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniVanMan View Post
    I know someone who's probably going to have fits over this.

Ayup, that makes it pretty cool though.