Thread: Arc Audio Black 1.0 Tweeter

Arc Audio Black 1.0 Tweeter

To finish out my tweeter binge lately...

Arc Audio “Black 1.0″ 29mm Dome Tweeter | Medley's Musings

OOverall, I like this tweeter a good bit. Not necessarily for the performance - there are some areas it maybe could improve on but is still good overall - but because of the install options you get with the removable flange. That combined with the good performance makes it a worthwhile consideration.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

Real Name
    Adam
    I haven't heard this tweeter and I'd like to disagree with your conclusion because I don't think the performance looks that great, but when I think about what it takes to install most 1" tweeters, and how much space large format tweeters require, you are probably correct that the ease of installation greatly increases the value proposition here.

It would be great if this sort of mounting flexibility would begin appearing across other manufacturers tweeter lines.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

the performance isn't mind blowing but the compact size when removing the flange is what takes a good tweeter up a few notches.

I'm comparing this one to my "gold" standard d3004 which I have quite a bit of experience with. its' really not that far off from that, and in some ways does a better job at low end distortion (look at 1khz, for example; the arc's Fs is here and thd is below 6%, while the Scan is at 6% with an Fs of 730hz).

the FR gets me but it seems a lot of tweeters I'm seeing have a rising response. all the tweeters I've tested this week do. all are geared toward car audio but, truth-be-told, I'm not sure how much this really has to do with the response rise... or if it's just something about the response. Heck, I'm not even sure if it's so much a wise as it is a trough from 2-4/5khz, making the "rise" more apparent.

but, like I said, overall it looks good when you factor in the installation features.

Founding Member
    You really put a lot of info in the Arc post. Thanks!
    Last edited by schmiddr2; 08-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.

It was midnight. I'm only human. Born to make mistakes. Lol.

Thanks. ;)

Founding Member
    The mistake would be not doing what you do well. I myself am a decent editor.

Real Name
    George
    The SB seems to do much better in the 2nd order intermod distortion tests. These seem to be the dominant source of distortion by far and resembles actual program material a lot more than plain vanilla harmonics.
    2001 Honda S2000
    Head: Pioneer P99 + Samsung Galaxy S3
    Amplifiers: 3,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
    4 way: Aurum Cantus AST2560 Air Motion Transformers, BG Neo8-s Planar transducers, Peerless XLS 10" MAC midbass woofers, Tympany LAT700 x2