Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY Speaker Polarity Switch Box, another easy project.

All Pass Filter is a form of time delay. So what I'm thinking is if the timing is just right, then the phasing would be a non-issue. Also, it appears that these circuits are specifically built for the drivers in use, as well as the vehicle its placed in. Am I correct?
    “The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of a planter -- for the future. His duty is to lay foundation of those who are to come and point the way.” - Nicholas Tesla

Founding Member
    Of course an allpass filter is built specifically for the application. A speaker just models up as a sum of electronic parts which interacts with a circuit just the same as the rest of the components.

http://www.transparentsound.com/meas...mi_Engdahl.pdf

as for tuning ot the environment, well that's why we use multi-functional processors to start with, yes?

Thats what i was thinking. So there really isnt an advantage for this over a standard processor. I would assume better off for home use.
    “The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of a planter -- for the future. His duty is to lay foundation of those who are to come and point the way.” - Nicholas Tesla

Founding Member
    The advantage if you are a DIY kinda guy is to be able to add features to a processor you already have. So that if you have already picked a candidate processor, such as an alpine model because it integrates into a cd player you already have, or a bit1 because you want a unique feature of that processor, but gosh darnit you really would like to adjust phase on a couple of the channels, you can have your cake and eat it too without buying multiple processors.