Thread: MSS has a new sister site

Real Name
    Alan

MSS has a new sister site

I would like to invite everyone to join us at CarAudioJunkies.

CarAudioJunkies is a site that we created for the car audio enthusiast to hang out, post your pics, chat, and have fun...so if you think of MSS as the class room, think of CAJ as the playground. It's laid-back, lightly moderated, unfiltered, and best of all...free!

We hope to see you there,
    Alan

My activation code is consistently incorrect.

Finally got it.

Real Name
    Alan
    It's a new registration process. I might go back to the old method if we hve too many problems.

Real Name
    Alan
    I went ahead and changed the registration process back to the normal routine on CAJ but added a spam filter program.

I can see the concept behind this.. but do you think it's wise to divide what is already a low traffic site into 2 sites?
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    I can see the concept behind this.. but do you think it's wise to divide what is already a low traffic site into 2 sites?
    A lot of people that I've talked with about MSS has told me that they feel the forum discussion is so advanced that some people are put off. They read and try to comprehend, but they don't feel compelled to join in the conversation. In a nutshell, they feel the site is too clinical and is lacking a fun-factor.

I changed the look of the site to make it more appealing to new members, but i knew that it wouldn't have much effect on the existing member base. I was really left with two choices: try to make MSS more appealing to a broader audience and risk making it just another cookie-cutter car audio site...or keeping MSS as an advanced discussion forum and have another forum for entry-level discussion, useless chit-chat, and other topics. After discussing it with many different people, I decided to do the latter. I'm hoping that when CAJ gets going, it will also drive traffic on MSS.

Real Name
    Alan
    I also plan to send out email to existing members telling them about the changes and inviting them back, but I don't want it to seem spammy.

Founding Member
    recommendation: remove the CAJ marketplace. Otherwise, there will be no driving force to get traffic to MSS.

A recipe to expand CAJ to cookie cutter, and kill MSS dead.

If the only marketplace is here, then all the CAJ traffic can be funneled into here.

Real Name
    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    recommendation: remove the CAJ marketplace. Otherwise, there will be no driving force to get traffic to MSS.

A recipe to expand CAJ to cookie cutter, and kill MSS dead.

If the only marketplace is here, then all the CAJ traffic can be funneled into here.
    Good idea