Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soundstream Picasso Nano Review & Pics

Real Name
    Alan
    Damn! Sorry to hear that, J. Keep us updated.

Real Name
    Javan
    Yeah, its a little depressing. On a lighter note, played with the EQ some today.

Deck EQ (only form of processing ATM), fronts & rears are HP filtered at 63hz.

& an FFT reading from my iPhone of white noise with some serious smoothing. lol

& a 20~20khz sine sweep at the same volume with zero smoothing.

That was about as good as I could get it with such a limited EQ, but it sounds pretty damn good to me.

Real Name
    Javan
    Well, got an email back & they were happy to exchange the amp if it was defective.
    I pulled it & for shits & giggle dropped it on the "test bench" just to make sure, and wouldn't ya know the damn thing worked just fine. So I threw it back in the car (power & ground only) and it went back into protection when I powered the remote terminal. Tried some new fuses (even though these tested okay) and I guess that's all it took. I changed all of the fuses so I'm not quite sure which was the culprit, so I threw them all away. I haven't canceled the return authorization yet just in case, but it seems to be back in action. Fingers crossed bad fuse was the only issue.

Real Name
    Javan
    Another quick update, both amps have been performing flawlessly without any more hassles.
    Great sounding amps, and I will be picking up another 4ch sometime soon.

Real Name
    Alan
    I'm glad everything worked out.

I'm using the Picasso Nano amps as well. I have a 1.650 driving my substage, a 4.520 bridged to my midbass and a 2.350 for my tweets. So far I like them, I would say they are rated about right but definitely not "powerhouse" amps. Of course for $120, you can get 110x4....so buy multiples!