Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whine only in left door

Whine only in left door

Hey guys,

Here's the run down:

I have had several systems in my car(2005 xA) and several headunits but never had the following problem- with the car OFF I open the driver side door and I get it open halfway and it lets out a high-pitched whine only in the left side. I have installed a factory headunit into the car and am using a navone loc(the N-RHL2) to a eq-6500 graphic eq. It does not make any noise when the radio is on(no whine, no alt noise, nada, zip). It also does not make this noise when I open the passenger door. As I stated, I have had numerous radios (including another factory radio with and LOC-not a navone unit)in this car and have never run into this problem. The car has a negative ground system on the doors-in case that has any bearing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Al

Make sure nothing is pinching or grounding out....

I was thinking that, but I didnt have it as of 1 week ago when the aftermarket was connected. However, upon reading the instructions again on the back of the loc, I had hooked up the loc to the 12volt constant instead of the 12volt ignition. Would this have any bearing?

btw, thanks for chiming in- I was hoping to get your input.

Power probably will not make a difference, except in battery life I thought about a PWM dome light controller, but 1/2 way open is long after the dome light turns on, which kinda only leaves it as something physical in my eyes... But my eyes are getting older

alright, that does it! I'm going out the window-dukes of hazard style! No more opening the doors FTMFW! Seriously, I am curious as to why this would only occur when the radio is off but not when it is on and only on one side? I'll check the wires, but I would have thought this would happen when the door was open and the radio was on(I tried) and no dice. Kinda confusing. Thoughts?

The car probably has some weird alarm circuit running thru the door sensor from the factory. Perhaps this unit is more sensitive.

Mm, I dont believe so, this particular car did not have an alarm from the factory and only started doing this as of this install.

Real Name
    Alan
    Is the amp staying on after the car is turned off?
    Does the dome light come on immediately or does it fade on?
    Does the sound go away or stay continuous until you close the door?
    One easy experiment would be to remove the fuse running the interior lights and see if the problem persists.

Real Name
    Alan
    The N-RHL2 uses our "Industry Leading" NE-7V LOC circuitry, and adds the benefits of our N-902 Auto-Trigger circuitry… all in one convenient package. The PINK wire from the N-RHL2 connects to the Remote / Trigger wire of your aftermarket power amplifier so that it will turn on and turn off with the audio system. Let's say that you wanted to add bass to a factory system. Just tap into the car's factory speaker wires with the N-RHL2, and let the PINK wire control your sub woofer's power amplifier. Instructions included.
    After looking at the LOC, I see that it is powered by 12v ignition, but when it senses an audio signal, it sends out 12v thru the pink wire to turn on the amp. If it was to pick up a non-audio signal, such as a PWM dome light controller, it might think that it's audio and cause the amp to come back on and play the signal that it's reading. I'm betting that if you were to just run the LOC off 12v ignition instead of constant power, it wouldn't be awake to see the dome light signal.