Thread: dodge cd changer aux input

dodge cd changer aux input

Hey guys,

I decided to try and make my own aux input based on this schematic for a 1998-2000+/_ dodge factory radio with the 5 band eq and cd changer controls:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/radio_systemdiag3.jpg

and
    http://pinouts.ru/CarAudio/alpine_cd...r_pinout.shtml

I connected all the pins except 1,3,and 6. The pins I omitted were the bus,bus ground and the battery positive. I connected the l,r,and audio ground and the accessory turn-on and the other ground. The acc and one ground were connected with a 2.2k resistor and grounded at the shield and the audio ground was connected to the shield. The pins I omitted and used were based on both the alpine pinouts from pinouts.ru and the pinouts from the above link. Can anyone help point me in the direction I need to go or should I scrap this and just buy an adapter?

Thanks,
    Al

Founding Member
    Hi Al,

I'm not clicking the links, but many CD changer controllers mute the inputs till a CD is playing. You might have to connect a CD changer to the radio, sever the audio pins, route your AUX input in there, then play a CD (even a blank CD, as long as it will play a track) to get the inputs to open up.

That has worked for a few folks.

I appreciate the response, I believe I saw something to this effect. I may go that route eventually, but I may just have to get an aux adapter. This unit uses an M-bus protocol(computer diddly-whatsits) and so I cant fool it like previous iterations of the same unit. It is possible to fool it but much more technical than just using resistors to induce a short... Oh well, an excuse-I mean "reason" to buy an aux input! Thanks for your help in this, it is much appreciated!

-Al