Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Affiliates

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    I'm trying to figure out some ways to bring the sales over here to benefit us.

Such as watermarking the pics I have on other sites that show up immediately in a google search for a Dayton 10HO, etc.

I'm still up in the air as to how I want to edit my install.. I have it up on 5 forums, forgot about one. DIYMA, EPhatch, Here, EMSQ, and hamsexy.
    Chad,

I'm glad you edited your install, as it took me a few re-reads of that install on DIYMA to realize that you (and the rest of the good bunch) had moved here. For the better, I say. This place is great and seems to combine the best of what DIYMA was. Keep it up guys.

Chris

so... if my wife were to buy me a WT3 for the holidays, and I send her a link to it to buy from.. How would I do such a thing and not have to have her sign up as a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    so... if my wife were to buy me a WT3 for the holidays, and I send her a link to it to buy from.. How would I do such a thing and not have to have her sign up as a member?
    Also interested in answer to this question.

Real Name
    Adam
    All they need to do is visit MSS, click the banner for the site they need, then make their purchase. MSS receives credit for initiating the retailer visits that result in sales.

I'll look into making a blog with product links. It requires HTML so I can't do it in normal forum posts.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Adam
    We're going with no ads for the foreseeable future. Too much of a headache for me and I prefer the cleaner look without them.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

so are you going to be looking for more donations or is there going to be some sort of "upgraded" membership?
    i should really stay off of forums after a few drinks.

Real Name
    Adam
    Not really. People can contribute as they see fit. I thought about upgraded memberships but the only real way to provide a major justification for a paid membership is to offer access to different content. Since I want all content to be available to everyone, regardless of their personal ability to buy a membership, that's a non-starter.

I'll continue to highlight those individuals who have made contributions but there is no set dollar value to achieve that status.

The only thing I plan to charge for is Authorized vendor memberships for those who want to advertise in their signature or in the authorized vendors subforum.

I'm largely focused on getting a plan together to deliver better content, specifically test data, and it's become clear to me that if I want to make it happen I just need to do it with my own money and not drag my feet waiting on ad revenue to purchase testing gear.

i see ads are back. no biggie. they're small and unobtrusive.
    i should really stay off of forums after a few drinks.

Real Name
    Adam
    Yeah. I actually had some people ask where they went and suggest putting a few back up.

I've trimmed the list down to just Parts Express, Amazon, Autogeek, and Tire Rack, since I personally use those retailers frequently and would recommend them to friends even absent the affiliate status.

Founding Member
    Adam, does Madisound do an affiliate program? I am going to most likely be placing an order next month and would have no qualms of clicking a link here first.