Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSS EL166 - new low-cost 6.5" midwoofer

It all showed up today:

ERT 26 Tweeter:

EL-166 Woofers:

Depending on how my weekend goes, I'll try to get some impedance sweeps up by Sunday.
    Last edited by ErinH; 09-24-2010 at 08:47 AM.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

What is that surround made of? Is it treated cloth?

Quote Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
    Depending on how my weekend goes, I'll try to get some impedance sweeps up by Sunday.
    And I don't wanna hear any lame excuses like your wife is pregnant, or that you are working on your car audio system.

I'd consider blocking your address from the top pic. We're all kool and the gang right now but someday there will be trolls, you'll piss one off, he'll find this thread, and mail you roadkill wrapped in dog poo.
    Just sayin..

Aside from that, thank you for taking on this project. I don't personally have an interest in these particular drivers but I do have a strong interest in following the testing.

Administrator
    Shallow. If they test well enough, they'll be a hell of an option for those with space restrictions.
    Just because you don't understand the data doesn't mean it's not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by TREETOP View Post
    I'd consider blocking your address from the top pic. We're all kool and the gang right now but someday there will be trolls, you'll piss one off, he'll find this thread, and mail you roadkill wrapped in dog poo.
    good call. I removed the pic.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

damnit, I hadn't written it down yet, and I just finished wrapping the roadkill!

:p

wonderful, i'm in the market for some 6" - 6.5" mid drivers. inexpensive ones at that. found these online aboot three hours ago and couldn't really find any kind of review. i'd take the one with the white cone though, it has more dee-beez in the 400-500hz range. seriously though, i would like to try them in an augmented wideband setup if the review is promising. i checked out those tweets too, definitely doesn't seem like a bad combo at those prices.

Damn, I wish those things were around earlier this summer when my system was getting put together. Those would have been perfect for my doors with a big depth restriction.

Real Name
    Adam
    Between the shallow depth and low price, they'll be a hell of a value if they test reasonably well. I'd also really like to try them with the ERT26 tweeters for a low cost bookshelf speaker.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg