Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSS EL166 - new low-cost 6.5" midwoofer

Any updates? I remember talking to CSS a few months back about these but never pulled the trigger. Looked at this setup and also contemplated the FR125SR / SDX7 combo.

Real Name
    Adam
    I think Erin is on the home stretch of redoing his car, so hopefully he'll have time to do some testing soon. We'll probably take a couple days to review the results and put together a writeup before posting anything. Don't want to jump the gun and risk overlooking something obvious.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Excellent! I am definitely intrigued by these. And not just because the white cone version would look cool in my white truck

Yep. Adam is right. I'm on the homestretch. Going to a buddie's house today to get some seat time and pointers. Finals is next weekend and I'm trying to get my car ready by then.
    I may go ahead and try to do some light testing tonight, though, just to get ahead of the curve.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

some woofer tester data is posted here:
    http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f3...-266/#post3824

- Erin
    Last edited by ErinH; 10-09-2010 at 10:59 PM.

so is that all the test data so far? i got this email that consited of a rather long post that seemed to have been on this thread at one point, but digressed to a disagreement over the actual review, however i cannot seem to find actual review other than ^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by hottcakes View Post
    so is that all the test data so far? i got this email that consited of a rather long post that seemed to have been on this thread at one point, but digressed to a disagreement over the actual review, however i cannot seem to find actual review other than ^^^.
    That's still up, it was moved to another thread.

It wasn't a review. Rather a discussion on reviews themselves. That's about it.

Thanks muchly for the measured specs. Defnitely looking forward to your listening impressions.

very interested in this

been watching mach 5 website for MLI-65 availability ... these seem promising alternative.