Thread: Excited about the upcoming show...

Excited about the upcoming show...

Hey guys,

I am here from DIYMA, Cory told me about this site and I promised him I wouldn't clog the forum with worthless dumb posts or threads ...BUT I just bought my tickets to the Vampire Weekend concert, got front row center in the seating area (they have an orchestra pit level, but it's standing room only and I have the back of a 70-year old overweight man), and I was just too damn excited to not say anything about it when I saw the Music section here. I guess I could put this in the Now Playing thread, since I AM listening to them to get pumped for the show (even if it's a month away), but hey, it's the Music Section, and it's KIND of a different topic. I love both their albums, and when I saw them perform on SNL I knew I had to make the show. Check them out if you don't know about them - first album is a great beach/pool listen (too bad summer is over), and their new album is even better, although a little more electronic in the music. All right, that's it for me. Feel free to comment on how jealous you guys are :gr_grin: I will now resume lurking...and maybe post in the Now Playing thread, but that's it I promise lol.

Stephen

Real Name
    Adam
    Welcome to MSS, Stephen.

Vampire Weekend has been in heavy rotation in my house/car for a while now. I knew it was bad when my wife started singing lyrics to California English which she found totally incomprehensible the first couple times. Great albums, start to finish. Consider me jealous about the concert.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Good to see another fan on here, Adam. I will agree on the start to finish great albums; probably at most one or two songs I would skip if I popped these albums into my car on a long trip combined. Been a while since I have been to a show too, so I am very much looking forward to it. My girlfriend actually got the second album from iTunes, and it came with a bonus remix track of California English which is really good; if you mess with iTunes at all you might like to check it out.

gyroscopes and infrared FoxForce's Avatar
    My old roommate got me into these guys. He'd sing "Oxford Comma" all the time. I'd be like "who the eff are you singing?" Vampire Weekend. "What? Vampire Funeral? Vampire Disco?"

That was a couple years ago and now I play them a lot in the car. But when I first got into them, I thought since when did Paul Simon join a Mariachi band and how do they have the nerve to throw synth/electronic elements into hard surfer guitar riffs. Well, what the hell...it works!