Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Toyota Prius with JBL

What's the street price of that baby VP?

^ yea, I could see owning one if I needed one for a job. Couldn't imagine having to lug a laptop around and set up cables, etc. For normal use, that's fine, but for multi/everyday use, I see that $900 going very far.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
    ^ yea, I could see owning one if I needed one for a job. Couldn't imagine having to lug a laptop around and set up cables, etc. For normal use, that's fine, but for multi/everyday use, I see that $900 going very far.
    They were introduced before the advent of the 500 dollar laptop and a sound devices USB sound card would run you 600 bones. In other words, that device used to be the most affordable thing on the market.

It has a really cool "FFT" mode that lets you look at very small bandwidths in higher-rez.

But the "distortion" side only measures THD at 1K

Since we are completely off topic and before I create a new section and move this to an audio tools thread.... I'm working on the Sonata Limited infinity system for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Couldn't find any mention of price on this fellow... you know what that means. If you have to ask...

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
    Couldn't find any mention of price on this fellow... you know what that means. If you have to ask...
    you can find some prices here http://www.audiotoolbox.us/ ($1K to $5K, and that's refurbished).

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    They were introduced before the advent of the 500 dollar laptop and a sound devices USB sound card would run you 600 bones. In other words, that device used to be the most affordable thing on the market.
    you can also buy an old iPod touch + this iAudioInterface for less than $400.

here are listed all the features, I don't know it they're at Acoustilyzer's level AudioTools

I have most of them, but without the hardware, I use it with a Shure MPA-3C external mic:

but now I have purchased a Denon-Audyssey mic to try it.

(sorry for derailing still more this thread)

Oh, we're in the ditch already

This looks great for what I do in this thread, and it does impulse response too!

The files that the Acoustilyzer Gen 1 exports are simple bitmaps of the screen - that's why I just started taking snapshots of the screen paused instead. The bitmaps are the same size!

If this thing exports usable files too, it is MUCH better than the Acoustilyzer in my mind. As I've said before, I wouldn't buy the Acoustilyzer now - I would get the Phonic and save over a gee-whiz. But this looks better than the Phonic or the NTI.

Post this in its own thread, dude! It's a find!