Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 Toyota Prius with JBL

VP, would the Prius JLB have same config as Solara JBL with Nav?

I have the noise issue that I couldn't get rid of also...

I'm tapping the signal after the amp. There is minute noise if tapped before the amp aslo. But it's very minute.

This noise put a complete halt to my build!

I wonder if the amp is just really, really noisy, or if it gets worse when it doesn't "see" a speaker impedance. You might try a 10W resistor across a set of output terminals and see if the noise changes.

I have not done a Solara, but I expect that it would be similar to the other Toyota JBL systems.

Does your Solara have a signal before the amp which is variable voltage at different volume settings? WHy not start a new thread about it, maybe we can find something...
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

The signal before the amp is fixed volume. I'll put an actual speaker parallel to the input of the bit one. That's the next experiment!

thank you for the quick reply. I'll start a thread...

Wait a minute. If you have a bitone, why not just use the DRC volume knob?
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

Yes, that's what I'm using. The HU volume is constant. I'd like to retain other functions in the car like steering wheel buttons, bluetooth, and NAV commands.