Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall NC Meet October 23rd and 24th

Fall NC Meet October 23rd and 24th

I wasnt sure where to post this so if this is the wrong spot, please move appropriately.

Time for the Fall NC meet. We are doing a 2 day event on October 23rd and 24th at a public park in High Point.

Address: 1841 Eastchester Drive, High Point, NC

Time: Saturday - 9:30am - 5:30pm is when we have the shelter reserved
    Sunday - 10am - 5:30pm no shelter reservation for this day

A few of us are probably going to be at church Sunday morning so we wont arrive until after noon, but feel free to come earlier that day.

Food: Your on your own for lunch. Some drinks will be provided, but if you have a cooler please bring some. No alcohol since its a public park.

Anyone who wants to hang out afterwards on either days we usually go out for dinner.

We do have a few vendors participating in a giveaway! Just to get a taste there will be some stuff from Don at Sound Deadener Showdown and Scott Buwalda at Hybrid Audio have confirmed in contributing to our giveaway. There will be certain requirements for participants which I will explain later.

If your able to make it then reply in this thread

It would appear that DIYMA has taken a dump over the last couple days. If anyone has any questions about directions, times, etc. please let me know. Jason

Plan on being there Sunday if I can get the car sorted out. Was hoping to have the stereo sorted a bit better but for now I will just be happy if I can get the damn car running so I can actually drive it there.

Figures, I mess with the stereo yesterday and now the damn thing won't run.

Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    Plan on being there Sunday if I can get the car sorted out. Was hoping to have the stereo sorted a bit better but for now I will just be happy if I can get the damn car running so I can actually drive it there.

Figures, I mess with the stereo yesterday and now the damn thing won't run.

Great, glad you will be ablet o make it one of the days.

I had the same thing happen to me, I messed with my setup and couldnt get the PC back up and running until this week, just threw it in the car yesterday and got it working, its not tuned the way I would like it but at least its working.

It's cobbled together and playing. Not finished yet. But the wife and I will be there.

Leaving in about 15-20 min...about 2 hour drive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drake View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me, I messed with my setup and couldnt get the PC back up and running until this week, just threw it in the car yesterday and got it working, its not tuned the way I would like it but at least its working.

I rewired the car and than the damn thing would start and then turn off, had to have the wife drive me to work. I "think" I got it sorted out late last night, I will see when I leave for work in a few minutes. **Fingers crossed.**

Thanks to everyone for coming out, it was a great time on both days and couldnt have had any better weather.

Jason and I just wanted to say that we put these events together and paid all the expenses not only because we have a passion for this hobby but moreso because we want to show love to you all just as Jesus has shown to us. We are grateful to have the opportunity to put these events together and share a tiny bit of the love that God has shown us. Dont mean to preach but our beliefs are very important to us and they are a part of every facet of our lives.

Now onto the winners of the giveaway!

Up first are the Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 Pro Silver Tweeters. We have 11 people sign up for them but only one goes home with them. The winner is...................................... Adam with the handle ameuba10!

Next are the SoundDeadenerShowdown deadening. We had four packs of 20 CLD tiles with 2" roller and sample pack inside. 13 people signed up for them and the winners are (handles are from diyma):

1. Jeremy (JLocke)
    2. Kendal (Notloudenuf)
    3. John (J-man)
    4. Jason (thehatedguy)

Emails and/or Pm's have been sent with all information to winners. Provided all winners agree to the terms of the giveaway then congratulations to them! And thanks again to Don from SoundDeadenerShowdown and Scott at Hybrid Audio for being so generous in donating the items.

It was my pleasure to help Drake facilitate this meet, and I appreciate everyone who came out to make it another successful NC G2G. It was unfortunate that DIYMA was down the days preceding the event - may have precluded a few guys making it.

Once again, a very enjoyable time discussing the hobby with fellow enthusiasts, listening to fantastic systems, and enjoying wonderful weather in a nice setting.

There was a good representation of varying levels of complexity between the systems - from the ultra complex (in my non-tech perspective) of Drake's system to systems that utilized a great HU, a couple of amplifiers, and a component set / sub. This variety of set ups demonstrate that their are many paths to great sound - depending on imagination, effort, and yes.....the amount of money you want to do spend. But, great sound doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars as was demonstrated again this weekend.

Thank you David for providing your car as a 'Reference' - always a treat to listen to tracks in your car for the first time - after having played them in my car many, many times

Also, thanks to Scott and David at Hybrid Audio for providing the set of L1 Pro tweeters as a give away, and Don at Sound Deadener Showdown for the product provided for the meet. Now for some pictures.....

Some scenery shots:

I don't know how to stitch pictures together to give a panorama, so I just have to put them together like this...

This is one of our first arrivals - I turned up the bass and he left - not sure why....

The shelter that we didn't really need because of the great weather.

This family of 7 got out of this little white car

A few distractions while trying to focus on essque...These young ladies 'hung' out here for a couple hours....

For the 2nd year in a row, we had some modeling going on during the meet...

Some of the fellas...