Thread: MTX SW ReQ

MTX SW ReQ

So this Scion xB we were working on was for the Mitek rep, and we were to use a ReQ (in this case a ReQ 5).

The Scion's output seemed pretty fixed, and the ReQ's purported function is to restore bass that is dynamically filtered with increased volume.

But it's an active LOC, and it's a signal-sensing remote turn on generator, and so what the heck, right? It could have been a summing device if I needed any summing.

So I checked the output of the ReQ with pink noise, and it looked exactly like the input posted elsewhere. I tried moving around some of the switches and I could not change that measurement no matter what I did... so I'm not buying that this ReQ actually does anything. If anyone is trying to reverse a dynamic subsonic filter, get a BitOne and use the dynamic EQ feature
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

How would this compare to JL Audio's CleanSweep? I ordered one recently thinking about going with an all JL Audio install, and just can't get away from the DIY temptation...

It's a totally different kind of flying - altogether.

The doctrine dont care about the branding, first...

But the CleanSweep is an interesting auto-adjusting eq. To use one, you have to need it AND be on a very tight budget, becaus compared to many others, it doesn't do squat.

I suggest starting a thread about your car and find out what is suggested (year, make, model, stock audio system).
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

Ok definitely. I've had nothing but nightmares trying to figure out this "Alpine" upgrade. Tried a full 4-way front stage using Dayton RS100, Diamond Hex 5 1/4" mids, Diamond m3081.4 8" subs, and a single Vifa TG9 for the center channel. It was close, but definitely left a lot to be desired.

Thought about going with just a simple component set/sub setup. But it's hard to resist taking advantage of a factory 7-channel amplifier...

Grr--- no more iPhone foruming.

It should have read "electrons", not "doctrine".

Talked with MTX Tech Support yesterday. They confirmed that the ReQ is doing exactly what's it's supposed to be doing to the signal in a system without a dynamically rising-in-frequency high-pass subsonic with increasing volume - nothing.

They fibbed badly about how many cars actually have this - I find their "60%" number total BS - but in this case it's a HU active LOC with signal sensing turn-on and an AUX in with its own volume control for the iPod -which at least gets around all that OEM HU EQing and actually sounds pretty good by comparison. Not a terrible product for most mid-fi at the price, I guess. But it didn't have much voltage out and I didn't find it to be a particularly great-sounding LOC.