Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Dodge Ram - advice please!

I definitely think a very strong argument has been made for the MS-8

Best case I should be able to recoup the money spent on the CleanSweep package and go with the JBL.

I downloaded RTA today and plan on testing some signals as soon as possible so we can establish a baseline. Thanks again you two for all the help so far.

+3 for the ms-8.

I had a situation similar to yours (though not as complicated to solve) in that the OEM signal sucks. I threw the ms-8 in the signal chain and it definitley cleaned things up, allowing me to start my system with a clean slate.

I'm still fighting some issues with it, but it does what I need it to to do.

Wow, I was dead set on thinking a flat output would be the best place to start from (hence the CleanSweep purchase) Originally the price of the MS-8 steered my away from it, but after doing more research tonight, I am on board with it as well.

Now to decide whether 2-way or 3-way active...

I think the problem is that the CS doesn't really do anything else for you. And some of the products that do that other stuff, also cover what the CS does.

Would this sound card do what I need for RTA to work properly on my laptop?

Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by capnxtreme View Post
    I think the problem is that the CS doesn't really do anything else for you. And some of the products that do that other stuff, also cover what the CS does.
    X2!

Because this is a discussion forum, I'm putting this question out on this thread:

Do you know if there is a program that can test a signal via the audio input jack? If I was to put a LOC on the wire, get an RCA output, then use an RCA to 3.5mm converter plug, could I plug that into the microphone input and test that signal via RTA? The factory radio also has a 3.5mm audio input jack, so couldn't I use the laptop's audio output to get any test tones from the program to play through the system?
    Your question is unclear. Apologies, if I have this wrong, but it sounds as if you are confusing the AUX into yoiur OEM system with an AUX out.

However, there is an article on what works here - I linked to it above. http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f2...ory-system-48/

Don't use an LOC - they usually cause amplitude and phase issues and they are unneeded - all you need is the ability to take a balanced signal and the ability to accept enough voltage. If you follow the article instructions, you can have that for about $100 including RTA PC SW.

Yes, you can use the AUX jack to introduce a test signal, and the benefit of using the AUX jack is that you can use a impulse response program rather than just an RTA with pink noise, if you want to. But you will want to read up on why you would want to.

Do not use the mic input. It's not flat, for one. Check out the article.
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."