Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MSS DIY Interconnects Bulk Buy

Real Name
    Adam
    BSW has 1000ft reels for $117 with free shipping.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    BSW has 1000ft reels for $117 with free shipping.
    Cheaper then what Gepco gets direct. I can live with 12 cents a foot, cheaper then Redco. Should be able to split it up and ship it in USPS flat rate envelopes and boxes (least amount of hassle IMHO).

Real Name
    Adam
    That's what I was thinking.

Markertek offers it a $0.15 per foot but then also charges shipping, so 250 ft works out to $45-50

Using the bulk pricing 250ft + flat rate envelope it works out to about $35 (I need to check and see how much I can stuff in an envelope vs. the $10 flat rate box).

For people who want multiple colors but not full reels of each, this would be a decent deal.
    Last edited by Adam_MSS; 10-15-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

Markertek offers it a $0.20 per foot but then also charges shipping, so 250 ft works out to $45-50

Using the bulk pricing 250ft + flat rate envelope it works out to about $35 (I need to check and see how much I can stuff in an envelope vs. the $10 flat rate box).

For people who want multiple colors but not full reels of each, this would be a decent deal.
    Its amazing how much you can stuff in a flat rate envelope for $4.90. I look forward to seeing how this works out, because I need supplies .

Thanks,
    Corey

hmmm...

So I picked up 400ft of black 61801ez from Gepco Will-call in Burbank, CA.

Real Name
    Matt
    I dont need much, actually. Probably 75-100ft of red/black, and 10 or 12 of each connector color. Amps will be situated next to the MS8 in the car, and the truck should only need 3 runs of about 15ft.

"It Works Every Time!" Landau Karlissian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    hmmm...

So I picked up 400ft of black 61801ez from Gepco Will-call in Burbank, CA.
    'Cot damn. Gepco is in Burbank? Sumuhmuhbitch. Had I known that I wouldn't have bought the fat ass mic cable I used which I bought from Speaker City in Burbank. Well, at least it fit where I needed it to and was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Landau Karlissian View Post
    'Cot damn. Gepco is in Burbank? Sumuhmuhbitch. Had I known that I wouldn't have bought the fat ass mic cable I used which I bought from Speaker City in Burbank. Well, at least it fit where I needed it to and was cheap.

I didn't know myself until after researching about them due to this thread.

It looks like they have 3 locations: IL, CA, and NJ
    Contact Gepco International

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    i buy it locally in the colors and lengths i need for 20 cents a foot. Convenience and lack of shipping prevails for me.
    more about this

Quote Originally Posted by mellephants View Post
    more about this
    C.V. Lloyde has Gepco 61801 in about any color you need, even colors that would make your wife happy.

Last I checked it was around 20 cents a foot. They also sell speaker cable by the foot (install type stuff.) Last stuff they had YEARS ago had a pretty thin outer jacket and it spooked me.. it was amazingly thin for 12 GA but scary. I normally get my speaker cable off of ebay or the forums. I generally go thru a LOT more signal cable than speaker cable. IIRC Farm and fleet now sells a welding cable similar to harris welco-flex, So does Rural King. Depke/Claudin stopped selling it for some reason... I use that for power cable.