Thread: Testing ourselves

Testing ourselves

I haven't tried this yet, but the article looks promising. Here is an article about a music department web site for Univ. New South Wales, here, and their online hearing test, here.

Interested in hearing other's responses to trying this. Me, I have no speakers on this PC

It's easy, VERY easy, to flaw these tests as speaker FR and levels play a big role. Audiology exams take place on VERY calibrated equipment.

Real Name
    Adam
    I'll try to get some results up tomorrow.

(this is another interesting hearing test http://www.klippel-listeningtest.de/lt/default.html)
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Adam
    Shit, I was wondering why no one was replying to this thread then realized the forum somehow was closed to new posts. My bad.

Anyway, here are my results using Sennheiser HD555 headphones, a Zero 24/96 DAC/amp, and the digital output from my computer.

My results are probably impacted by the LF response of the HD555s and by the fact that I was at The Jinx until about 2am probably doing some mild damage to my hearing.

You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

I had posted this up on the brother site a while back. Here are my results from that thread, taken from my computer speakers at work:

Either I need to check my hearing, or the work speakers suck at the upper end.

Then again, the results are also influenced by what volume you're listening at. Some may start at a higher or lower volume than others, which will effect your overall curve.

I got quite the smile going with these cheap Durabrand headphones.

If I had time I'd do it before and after tonight. This will be my loudest gig this year.

Founding Member
    I just performed this test, on some KRK Studio Monitors in my office. I'm not sure how to interpret the results but it looks like my tweeter level is a little high on the monitors

Name:  hearing.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  95.9 KB

Real Name
    George

Using Turtle Beach USB audio card and Etymotic I6 earphones. These are only rated up to 16khz so that's probably why the last tone was tested that loud. Other than that these are made for reference purposes. It looks hella close to the equal loudness curve. 40db of noise rejection too.
    Last edited by cvjoint; 05-15-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Real Name
    Kelvin
    I find my test a bit strange :o

Shure SRH-840 out from my iMac

Kelvin