Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    It seems to be working, and was really simple to use.
    x2. Very easy.
    Hopefully we can help you cover your personal expenses.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
    x2. Very easy.
    Hopefully we can help you cover your personal expenses.
    x3, worked like a charm.
    -Trevor

Founding Member
    Real Name
    Kevin
    I am going to make a donation also, but I just want to make sure this isn't an "invitation only" site? Nobody told me about it, I just got lucky & found it on a link from DIYMA.

I just don't want to intrude.

Real Name
    Adam
    MSS is open to everyone. The idea is to have a community that is rooted in some of the more technical aspects of car audio and provide an opportunity to transfer that knowledge to anyone who is interested.

I encourage people to tell other interested enthusiasts about MSS. We need a mix of different people. A bunch of experienced guys sitting around agreeing with eachother is pretty useless. Instead we need people asking questions, bringing new ideas, starting debate, etc..

Once we get our feet solidly under us as a site, we are hoping to start doing some testing of various drivers and maybe some other equipment. It'll be kind of slow at first, but I think we can offer an environment that is built around gaining and sharing knowledge.

I'm going to post something this morning about where the site support money goes.

Thanks for being here and for offering to contribute financially. Above all else, be sure to contribute your thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by Adam_MSS; 10-27-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

gyroscopes and infrared FoxForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I am going to make a donation also, but I just want to make sure this isn't an "invitation only" site? Nobody told me about it, I just got lucky & found it on a link from DIYMA.
    The one invite only site I know of requires an invite link to register. However, I have heard of many who simply request to join and are sent a link. :thumbsup:

Just sayin. Enjoy the MSS.

gyroscopes and infrared FoxForce's Avatar
    Wow, that donate button and process was really slick! Took all of 15 seconds and it even knew my user name. Totally kick ass.

Did you write that, Adam?

Real Name
    Adam
    Grabbed it over on vbulletin.org. Took all of 10 minutes to get working once I had the XML file. vBo has a ton of products/plugins for free. The key seems to be picking those that don't load down the server or cause reliability issues. This product is the only one on MSS so far.
    Last edited by Adam_MSS; 10-27-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Founding Member
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxForce View Post
    The one invite only site I know of requires an invite link to register. However, I have heard of many who simply request to join and are sent a link. :thumbsup:

Just sayin. Enjoy the MSS.
    Thanks, I was never sure how that worked (EMSQ?).

Anyway, just made a small donation. Very quick & simple.

Adam, what is/was your username on DIYMA?

Real Name
    Adam
    My username was Autiophile.

When you get a chance, check your paypal account to see if the contribution was initiated on your end. I can see the attempt in the vbulletin log but it may have hiccuped and not actually initiated payment because it's not showing up in the MSS paypal account.

Figures that would happen as soon as folks start talking about how well the contribution system was working. ;)
    Last edited by Adam_MSS; 10-27-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Founding Member
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    My username was Autiophile.

When you get a chance, check your paypal account to see if the donation was initiated on your end. I can see the attempt in the vbulletin log but it may have hiccuped and not actually initiated payment because it's not showing up in the MSS paypal account.

Figures that would happen as soon as folks start talking about how well the donation system was working. ;)
    Oops, my fault. I was one click away. I don't use Paypal much, & the send money tab does not show up on the screen without scrolling down. It's in there now, not much, but anything to help out a little.