Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do I Contribute?

Founding Member
    Real Name
    Kevin
    I noticed the donation goal bar that stretches across the screen today. That's a great idea right there, keeps everyone "in the loop".

It's moved from 15% this morning to 55% now.

Real Name
    Adam
    We're lucky to have great members who keep it moving.

I've set it up to recur monthly. The $100 figure may change over time, but right now it should help support the driver testing effort and help us build up a bit of a cushion for the eventual day when I have to upgrade our hosting plan and pay for a year up front.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    We're lucky to have great members who keep it moving.

I've set it up to recur monthly. The $100 figure may change over time, but right now it should help support the driver testing effort and help us build up a bit of a cushion for the eventual day when I have to upgrade our hosting plan and pay for a year up front.

How do you feel about caraudiomag.com and their reviews of speakers & article quality overall? Do you plan to compete with them when you test drivers or function along side them as a separate niche? Do you have any goals or visions for this forum in the future? Just curious

Founding Member
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidClen View Post
    How do you feel about caraudiomag.com and their reviews of speakers & article quality overall? Do you plan to compete with them when you test drivers or function along side them as a separate niche? Do you have any goals or visions for this forum in the future? Just curious
    From just looking at the people involved on this site & their vast knowledge in this niche of car audio, I think it would be safe to say MSS's driver test results will be LEVELS above what caraudiomag.com has to offer.

Here's the basis of this site...

http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f2/mss-doctrine-228/

Real Name
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidClen View Post

Seems like a separate niche to me.

I have a lot of respect for Vance Dickason's objective reviews, but the recent AA SMD sub review was his first review since 2006 if I read correctly. If you look at their speaker reviews they do a couple things differently than we will here. First, they stick to Car-Fi component sets for the most part, where we will be looking at individual drivers from a broader set of manufacturers. Second, the speaker reviews are entirely subjective from what I've seen whereas we will be focusing on objective data. Their approach suits their niche. The MSS approach will suit our own (much smaller) niche.

I think their amplifier reviews are pretty good. I'd like to do something along those lines if we can get the right equipment and someone to volunteer to the testing. Our product focus would likely be different from that of CA&E.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    From just looking at the people involved on this site & their vast knowledge in this niche of car audio, I think it would be safe to say MSS's driver test results will be LEVELS above what caraudiomag.com has to offer.

Here's the basis of this site...

http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/f2/mss-doctrine-228/
    I read the doctrine, just trying to delve a little deeper

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Seems like a separate niche to me.

I have a lot of respect for Vance Dickason's objective reviews, but the recent AA SMD sub review was his first review since 2006 if I read correctly. If you look at their speaker reviews they do a couple things differently than we will here. First, they stick to Car-Fi component sets for the most part, where we will be looking at individual drivers from a broader set of manufacturers. Second, the speaker reviews are entirely subjective from what I've seen whereas we will be focusing on objective data. Their approach suits their niche. The MSS approach will suit our own (much smaller) niche.

I think their amplifier reviews are pretty good. I'd like to do something along those lines if we can get the right equipment and someone to volunteer to the testing. Our product focus would likely be different from that of CA&E.
    Gotcha.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I noticed the donation goal bar that stretches across the screen today. That's a great idea right there, keeps everyone "in the loop".

It's moved from 15% this morning to 55% now.
    It's 105% as of right now.
    Just because you don't understand the data doesn't mean it's not relevant.

I gave my 10p and hope this site evolves into what we expected from other ones to but never did.
    Nick
    Virtus probata florescit: reversio

Founding Member
    +1 for ease of use on that link. Keep it that easy to donate and you should have money rolling in hand over fist.

And yeah a brief write-up of where the money goes might help draw in startup capital. Anyone that knows the members knows the intentions, but others might not have such foreknowledge.