Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aurasound Deals at Madisound *NS6-255-4 & 8 for $11.50*

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94VG30DE View Post
    Looks like the 12" NS sub is in the mix now as well. Hot dang I love me some Aura drivers. I will have complete drivers for my front stage before I have power wire haha.
    That's the "diffusion line" 12 (51.3mm vc, less xmax, 1808-style basket) rather than the "flagship line 12" (79.4mm vc, more xmax, straight-side basket). But it's been well-discussed as a woofer (rather than sub, for the most part) at htguide.com. Looks like a very solid driver.

And, damn, maybe $110 shipped for an NRT-motor 12...

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hottcakes View Post
    according to the mans build log i believe he has those 8ohm ones with a jl 500/5 that puts out ~100 @ 1.5 - 4ohms. for the front channels at least. i had mine hooked up temporarily getting aboot 97watts with similar XO points and it too was good. i don't see them doing too well under HU power unless you have the 4ohm version, maybe.
    Yeah, they look efficient, but probably not THAT efficient. I'm running 6-channel RCA from the getgo anyway, so another amp is just a distribution block away.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
    That's the "diffusion line" 12 (51.3mm vc, less xmax, 1808-style basket) rather than the "flagship line 12" (79.4mm vc, more xmax, straight-side basket). But it's been well-discussed as a woofer (rather than sub, for the most part) at htguide.com. Looks like a very solid driver.

And, damn, maybe $110 shipped for an NRT-motor 12...
    I noticed that, I had to model it in WinISD last night to make sure. It's not the right sub for me right now, but seems like it would be a pretty good sub in the right enclosure.

Does anyone have any input on how the NS6 is for a dedicated midbass driver?

it's gonna perform just like any other 6" driver.... without miracles.

define midbass... why would you want to do this? It has an elegant HF response (for a woofer.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    it's gonna perform just like any other 6" driver.... without miracles.

define midbass... why would you want to do this? It has an elegant HF response (for a woofer.)
    Just looking to play with some new inexpensive midbasses for the time being. They'll be crossed from 71Hz - ~300Hz in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by 94VG30DE View Post

Hey Chad how are you powering your NS6? I'm leaning towards headunit power for now just because I don't have a compelling spot to put a second amp...
    the front channels of a 500/5 100W at 4 / 50W at 8

Here is what I want to do with two of the NS12's.

Last edited by Alex; 11-12-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Anybody have ANY experience with the NS35-255 3.5" midranges? I'm about to buy 6 of them and do MTM LCR on my dash.

Sorry for the bump from the dead, but I'm still interested in the Whisper Ensemble kit (https://www.madisound.com/store/prod...oducts_id=9010) for a basic 5.1 setup.

Quote Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
    I'm looking at that Whisper Ensemble kit (sats with dual Whispers, center with three Whispers, 8" powered sub) for a bedroom system. Want to talk to Donald North about it first, though.
    Did anyone ever end up checking it out, or hear anything more about it, by any chance? Or should I just bite the bullet...