Thread: best CLD bang for the buck

best CLD bang for the buck

please forgive teh newb question. I had a stockpile of dynamat extreme awaiting an application, but somehow it got thrown away. I had it sitting around for a while with things on hold on the then-current car. Stuff was going on in the old personal life and I didnt want to spend on an build at the time.

Anyway now i have a new car, things are slightly better and looks like I am back in the market for CLD sheeting. I was looking at the damp pro from SSA but something about the DIY website situation made me queasy so I am looking around. I know I could price out everyone and compare thicknesses, but I saw this subforum and thought Id ask here on a cost/benefit ratio tyepa dealie thing... (things are, like i say, *slightly* better... ;))

I would personally feel most comfortable spending my own hard-earned money with Don at Sound Deadener Showdown - Your Source for Sound Deadening Products and Information.
    I haven't dealt with him myself yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about his products and his honesty/integrity when it comes to sound deadening products.
    He's also a member here, and I'd prefer to support our community whenever possible.
    If you're not the signal, you're the noise.

Ditto

Don rocks, not only will he sell you the stuff but he will totally help you with the best implementation.

gyroscopes and infrared FoxForce's Avatar
    Duct seal compound. Can be found for around $1.50 per pound, figure more like $2.50 if you buy one lb at a time from Depot or Lowes.

Rolling pin. Don't give it back to the wife for making cookies, though.

Heavy gauge foil (Reynolds makes some for grilling) if you really think you need it.

Huge insider secrets, don't repeat to anyone. ;)

Think outside the "Don" whoever that is. :hmmmm::wtf:;)

Hummm maybe i'm a little confused by the site but does that mean that you only need to use 25% of the door? like a square in the middle of the door and it's good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxForce View Post
    Duct seal compound. Can be found for around $1.50 per pound, figure more like $2.50 if you buy one lb at a time from Depot or Lowes.

Heavy gauge foil (Reynolds makes some for grilling) if you really think you need it.

Interesting on this......so if i don't put foil it works too? DO i put MLV on top of this stuff and get the same as a CLD/MLV combo?
    2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey: Audio: IDQ 10" V.3 in IB on the rear deck, Arc Audio KS1000.1, Morel Elate 6 2W, Morel Maximo 5C, Arc Audio KS300.4, Zapco ST4 , BitOne.1 - Build Log

"If I can't fix it, it was meant to be broken"

Quote Originally Posted by FoxForce View Post