Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Tom from Michigan checking in. I have always had a love for music for as long as I remember. My first memories of car audio are from riding with my Mom (R.I.P.) and singing to the old am radio! My love for music led me to participate in band while in junior and high school. During this time I developed a love for Jazz. As a trumpeter I followed the works of Miles Davis and tried to emulate the sounds Miles created. As with most others my car audio experience started when I purchased my first vehicle (Datsun B210). At the beginning my systems were pretty basic. A tape deck and some speakers. Once I started making more $$ it grew from there. I have yet to reach the level of complexity that many on here have reached but I enjoy striving to get the best possible sound out of the gear I have without spending a fortune. Not that I don't want to spend more it's just my money manager (wife) doesn't understand why I need to keep buying more gear when I already have something that works just fine.

Right now I am working on installing my gear in my 2003 Chevy S-10 ZR-5. It has been a long process due to work demands but hopefully I will have it completed soon. I'm just waiting for the new H-audio line to come out to get my midbass installed.

As others have stated this forum is a breath of fresh air. There has been a need for a change since other forums have gone the way of making money as their primary concern.
    It is wonderful to see so many talented people on here already. And I'm sure there will be plenty more to follow. I look forward to participating and learning as much as I can to achieve the sonic bliss that we all are striving for!
    The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.-Vince Lombardi

coming soon to a vehicle near you....http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/signaturepics/sigpic17_1.gif

Cory here, a semi-recent transplant to the Midwest (Indiana), born and raised in Southern California. I've been in and out of the car audio business since 1989, and into car audio as a hobby for a few years longer.
    My current vehicle is a Tahoe Z71, there's more info on it in the build log forum. I have a bad habit of swapping equipment even when i already like my setup, sickness or strength that's just what I do.

My name is Chris and I'm from Little Rock, AR. You all know me as the Hillbilly. I've had my moments and am finally learning to sit back and spend 99.9% of my time reading. I'll behave myself as long as I can comfortably be myself no matter how twisted it might be. Adam thanks for making a forum that will hopefully stay relatively laid back. I've already seen a couple people here that I care about but have been banned from DIYMA. Will hopefully have a few H-Audio reviews up over the next few months as drivers begin shipping. Will also see about having unpredictableacts give an unbiased review so you all don't think I'm full of shit.

Anyway, I'll go back in my corner now.

Founding Member
    Chris from Louisiana. Some of you know me as Rustang, ChrisB, oldsch00lf00l, etc.

I don't know how much I will be able to contribute car audio wise as I seem to be making a transition back to cycling and fitness. I also need to get back into shooting because I have to re-qualify before October. My other main interest is still computers and audio with me supporting a few Mac installations running Virtual Vinyl and Serato. I say "supporting" loosely because once I get things set up, I never hear back from the customers except for them to tell me how well things are running.

Lastly, I want to take this opportunity to thank the OG members for opening my eyes and making me realize just how much money I was flushing down the toilet over the years with regards to car audio chasing that almighty Ess Que. I also want to thank you for putting up with my stubborn, hard headed, ass.

Nice username.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSN View Post
    Nice username.
    Short for Old School Fool, except I used a zero instead of the letter O.:p

Edit: I am also jealous and want to be just like you, OSN, IF I grow up!
    Last edited by ChrisB; 08-24-2010 at 01:29 AM.

It's me Mark. I just kinda floated on over here from EMSQ. Nice place you've got here. I don't say much, but I'm always reading and learning. Thanks for staring this Adam!

Founding Member
    You can call me Jay...

That is all ;)

Real Name
    Matt
    Matt. Started back when I was 12 or 13 when my dad got a new receiver for the living room. I got his old pioneer (still have it in the garage) and a set of Acoustic Research speakers.

First car setup was a Blaupunkt PA275 bridged to a Kenwood Tornado cone 12, and a pair of Pioneer by nines in the first car I bought myself. Followed by components/sub, then on to active, blah blah blah.

Looking forward to asking some dumb questions.

PermaBang signing in.