Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Introductions

Real Name
    Alan
    Hello, John...welcome aboard!

Greetings,

I am Joe Wallis. I have been involved in car audio since 1983 and have been loving it ever since. I have had the priviledge of knowing and competing with some of the best in the business. I normally have been just an enthusiast or competitor until rather recently. In 2010 I worked for Digital Designs as a sales person, hated that immensely, mostly because I had the owner of the company telling me that SQ is dead and that the only good business in Car Audio is SPL. Now I have taken my 12v walk a bit further and I am a rep for PHD USA Inc. PHD Audiophile Sound Systems handcrafts all speakers in house. They are a small niche company run by two brothers in the heart of Rome, Italy. I rep for the Oklahoma and Texas market.

Unfortunately it isn't my full time gig. I wish it were.

My history with car audio started back in 1983 with a two sets of Jensen Quadrax 6x9's in the hatch of my 1980 Mercury Capri (fox body mustang mutant). I had a Pioneer shaft supertuner cassette player with AUTO REVERSE! Power came from a Pyramid 7 band booster (250w) and it jammed. All that distortion coming from the rear of the car. Joy. I got serious in 1986 with my 1985 Trans Am that had 4 Kicker 15's in a wall each powered by a Punch 45. Unfortunately for me, I only had Rockford plates in the dash. My how times have changed. I have been sponsored by Focal, Hybrid Audio, very nearly JL Audio(could be in my near future) and now PHD. I compete in all three SQ orgs, MECA, IASCA, and USAC, and judge SQ for MECA and USAC.

I have had the privilege to sit in the best cars in the country and have really enjoyed my time in car audio. I have been looking for a forum that shares my love of old school (pre 2000) car audio and for enthusiasts. I hope I have found that place here.

Looking forward to forging some memories and friendships here.

Cheers,

Joe

Real Name
    Alan
    Welcome aboard, Joe! Come in and kick your shoes off...

Real Name
    Anthony
    Well hell. I am Anthony Owens. Came over from MAF. I live in Minot, ND and work for Ward County Department of Corrections. I drive a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT. Keeping the factory head unit and working on substage first. Using an Alumapro Alchemy MX12 running off a JBL GTO-501EZ amp. Still trying to decide on enclosure. Between sealed and bandpass per Alumapro's recommendations.

Real Name
    Alan
    Welcome aboard here also