Thread: USB PC Based O-Scope/Spectrum Analyzer/Signal Generator

USB PC Based O-Scope/Spectrum Analyzer/Signal Generator

I'm looking for a decently cheap USB to PC o-scope that seems to do the job for handling signals and verifying line noise. I'm too cheap to go out and get a Tektronic 3054C like I have at my company and I have to admit I've been spoiled by them.

What do you guys think about this?

http://www.easysync-ltd.com/product/520/ds1m12.html

I would like something to use with sniffing noise and possibly using it to tune with my bitone.1

As well as any future home electronic projects I may cook up later.

Any help would be wonderful thanks!

EDIT: updated title as Chad pointed out something anal prob isn't very appealing.
    Last edited by meelo88; 11-02-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: changed the title
    2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey: Audio: IDQ 10" V.3 in IB on the rear deck, Arc Audio KS1000.1, Morel Elate 6 2W, Morel Maximo 5C, Arc Audio KS300.4, Zapco ST4 , BitOne.1 - Build Log

"If I can't fix it, it was meant to be broken"

anything that's spec'd Anal is all-right by prison standards. :p

I'd make sure that it is VERY isolated from the computer... unless you are damn sure that you damn well know that on car amps the (-) lead is not ground 50% of the time ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    anything that's spec'd Anal is all-right by prison standards. :p

I'd make sure that it is VERY isolated from the computer... unless you are damn sure that you damn well know that on car amps the (-) lead is not ground 50% of the time ;)
    HAHA...i updated the title for your sake and to maybe attract more people since it's less Anal...

Very true, the (-) is not ground all the time, was just curious how safe it is to use this for when I start putting everything into my car. I guess it's just a nice thing to have if i'm checking signals and such doubled with the fact it can be a spectrum analyzer at the same time. Since i'm already tuning with the bitone.1 using the same laptop.
    2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey: Audio: IDQ 10" V.3 in IB on the rear deck, Arc Audio KS1000.1, Morel Elate 6 2W, Morel Maximo 5C, Arc Audio KS300.4, Zapco ST4 , BitOne.1 - Build Log

well... you can't really plug a mic into it... but you sure can see what the amps are outputting FR wise.

Yeah I figure I could probably invest in a good RTA setup later. But for now this should do me enough justice for most things...Not just mobile audio