Thread: 2011 Genesis Coupe with Infinity Premium Sound System

Founding Member

2011 Genesis Coupe with Infinity Premium Sound System

This is how my wife's 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring with Nav and the Infinity "premium" sound system measured:

I played Pink Noise through the CD player at volume level 10 with everything flat and centered and the calibrated Dayton EMM-6 microphone in the center of the vehicle. I wanted to do some more measurements, then I realized the headlights were on in accessory mode so I decided to be save and charge the battery. Eventually, I want to test the Head unit before and after the factory amplifier, but I don't have the heart to rip my wife's brand new car apart... YET!

Yeah, my wife won't let me rip the snot-ah apart but I can gain access to the "subwoofer" outputs, and honestly, that may be all I need to push it over the edge for what she wants.

Remember, it's only metal and plastic - they make cars out of it every day

I don't think this fits the goal of the section in that it's not the electrical output. As long as we note that, it's useful, certainly - and I'd also be interested in your comments as a listener as to how the acoustic measurement correlates to the listening experience.
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."