Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I'm over CLD on the doors

good info. thanks for sharing!
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

Founding Member
    Great info Erin. Totally agree with this. I did not want to mount 8" midbass in the doors, but there was no physical way kicks were going to happen. I had to go with the doors. The doors in my Traverse have been relatively great to work with. I made sure that I made the thickest/largest possible baffle using Marine Starboard.

Hdpe baffle w/ hat l8 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I used 1" HDPE and stacked them. Well fastened and secured. Seems to have done the trick. No excessive rattles etc etc, but you do feel the panel when your arm is resting on it etc etc. I guess if that sort of thing bothers you then it is an issue.

TRAVERSE!? We gotta talk, man. This is the car that my wife and I have been looking at for her next car. I've been studying up on it. I see that it has about 1.5" of foam padding under the carpet... perfect way to hide some JL hd amps.

You using the OEM headunit or aftermarket? Any details on your install?
    I'm really curious to see what kind of hidden space there is in the rear quarter panel area to hide a sub.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

Founding Member
    I'll post more photos up on Flickr. That 1.5 of foam is great at killing road noise and overall there is no real space to hack it away for amps. Amps may be best installed in the rear storage tray. Mine has the B(l)ose system and was a pita to work around. The kicks pretty much have no room to work with otherwise I would have done the Hybrid L8s in there. Even a decent 6" would have been tough. The A-pillars are going to be killer since they are spacious ( I ordered an extra set for an easy return to stock ). Rear quarter panel will be tough for sub integration ( perhaps depending on model ). I have the LTZ and there is alot of AC Duct work and Rear Door Motor / Actuator. This was why I went with 8s is the doors-- I can go subless when I need all the cargo space available. This is all kinda off topic, so perhaps it would be best for PM.