Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WinISD Tutorial

"invalid floating point operation" is the pop-up I'm getting. I'm sorry to bother you guys with this stuff. I can just use beta, but I hate when I can't figure something out.

Real Name
    Jason
    Sounds like you have a number with an extra decimal somewhere.

Real Name
    Adam
    It's not a bother. I had similar issues with it not cooperating. That's why I went back to the beta, and ultimately ended up using Unibox for this sort of task.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

How much is unibox and where can I get it? I thought parts express carried it but I just looked and it wasn't there. I also googled it but what I downloaded asked for some code on the back of your cd. Which I don't have. Or is there a free version?

Real Name
    Adam
    Should be free @ FRD Consortium

It's excel based.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Thanks, Its not letting me download yet but ill try again shortly. In the meantime, could someone help me understand the effects of the phase plot and group delay. The group delay has a 40ms spike @ 31hz and I dont know how to interpret these effects.

Real Name
    Adam
    Check out this paper from Dan Wiggins Subwoofer Group Delay - Adire Audio.pdf ( http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/GroupDelay.pdf)

Group delay is less audible at lower frequencies. I believe Dan's rule of thumb was to try to keep the product of group delay * frequency less than 400.

Another discussion:
    Audibility of group delay? - diyAudio

semi off topic here, but is there a program similar to winisd that utilizes higher frequencies for say midranges or full ranges?
    “The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of a planter -- for the future. His duty is to lay foundation of those who are to come and point the way.” - Nicholas Tesla

a little late to the game with this reply, but BassBox 6 seems capable of doing such a thing. it has a decent list of manufacturers' drivers available to pick from with the update that is offered from the site.
    i should really stay off of forums after a few drinks.