Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a nice SQ comp

Real Name
    Kelvin

Looking for a nice SQ comp

Hi guyz,
    My friend owns a shop here in Tahiti. He wants me to find him a nice brand of components to sell.

A little background: (please don't laugh)
    In Tahiti, we import everything, therefore import taxes are horrible. From the states, taxes are 100% of value+shipping. Meaning $100comp+$40shipping his cost for this is $280 (no mark up yet). This was just an example, he gets better shipping rates but you understand the problem.
    His main brands are Almani, Absolute, Digital, Konaki, & Power Acoustik.
    Ok those are not the best brands but he kind of like them. The problem is that he cannot get the big brands (Hifonics, Rockford, Phoenix, JL coz they already got their retailer/wholesaler in Tahiti) getting the same brand as somebody else is a big NO NO - don't ask :dw: lol
    He used to work with Focal and Audison when he worked for somebody else and has been spoiled with their sound - zippy highs.

Ok now the question, do you guyz know a good brand to get that has some nice components SQ wise? If at all possible for no more than $120.
    Anything?

Thanks guyz,
    Kelvin
    Last edited by Subwoofery; 11-22-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Founding Member
    I would really have him look into ARC audio. Wide range of products and the dealer pricing falls into where he wants to be. It is a known brand with good dealer support.IMO I feel this would offer him the best options with subs, amps and speakers. These multiple lines represent a good option.

The Imagine line from HAT also fits the bill but it just a speaker line and after the Imagine line price wise he is limited.
    Team JL Audio, Team MSE (Mobile SoundStage Engineering), Team Zapco

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Thanks for the suggestion but there's already an Arc Audio dealer here in Tahiti.

He liked my HAT Imagine when he listenned to it but it is too expensive @ $200. Unless dealer prices are really that good...

Kelvin

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Searched Madisound for their Auto-Kits... Still too expensive...

Kelvin

Try RE?
    2006 GTO M6

Real Name
    Kelvin
    There was one dealer here in Tahiti, he closed down due to having stuffs that were too expensive: Re Audio, US Amps & Memphis Car Audio.
    Thanks for the suggestion, please keep them coming...

Kelvin

Founding Member
    Does Tahiti have any more favorable trade terms with other nations? Perhaps it would be worth your friend's while to look outside the US.

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Quote Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
    Does Tahiti have any more favorable trade terms with other nations? Perhaps it would be worth your friend's while to look outside the US.
    They have however the products HAVE TO be manufactured in Europe and have the CER1 certification. There are a lot of Europeen companies that outsource to Asia in order to cut costs.
    Focal, Hertz and Audison, Ground Zero Audio, already have a dealer...

Do you know if any of those brands are made in Europe? German Maestro, Audio System, ESX, Mac Audio

Thanks for the help,
    Kelvin

Kelvin

Founding Member
    I don't know about any of those brands, but what about Visaton?

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Do they have component sets? Didn't see it on their website...

Kelvin