Thread: Reconing my xxx

Reconing my xxx

I dont even want to try to do this myself and ruin a quality sub like this so Im sending it in. At first I was just going to send to team psi and have them do it but someone told me to to send it to FI cause they do better work. I want to keep my sq with this sub and Im not worried about spl whatsoever.

So fixmyspeaker.com or fi.com for recone?
    2006 GTO M6

OEM repair

Ok thanks
    2006 GTO M6

I dont think USamps will recone it. I see nothing on the site about recones.
    2006 GTO M6

Both Fi and PSI are the guys behind the original RE, so I would think you would be good to go either way. PSI has a lot of options if you want to customize stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by winslow View Post
    Both Fi and PSI are the guys behind the original RE, so I would think you would be good to go either way. PSI has a lot of options if you want to customize stuff.
    Thanks, Im probably going to go with PSI because Id like to get sewn leads.
    2006 GTO M6

I'm still not too sure how much I trust "custom subs" without the ability to really get down to nitty-gritty in measurements after they TOTALLY change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    I'm still not too sure how much I trust "custom subs" without the ability to really get down to nitty-gritty in measurements after they TOTALLY change it.
    Im not too sure what your saying..? Do you mean that you dont think it will still sound as good when they recone it?
    2006 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Peatree View Post
    Im not too sure what your saying..? Do you mean that you dont think it will still sound as good when they recone it?
    No I'm saying that if it's not done with OEM components or something exactly the same.. The parameters will be different.

Look, most of the people going to PSi for "mods" don't give a rat's ass what the parameters are, they are gonna shove them in a sealed enclosure and run them till they blow up again.

I mean David at PSI was one of the owners and engineers at RE before it was sold. I'm pretty sure he would know how to get a hold of OEM or better parts for the recone. He can measure the parameters after it's been built.

But I do agree that most people having frankinwoofers built don't give a crap about any measurements.