Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Setup

Yeah like the others said there's no way to uncheck the "do not use an avatar" option.
    I'll keep poking around and see what else I can find.

[edit:] The ninja den seems to be open to the public. Either that or someone made me a mod and didn't tell me (please no lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Lanson View Post
    Lanson, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

thats what I get.
    I had it too starting up, I closed my browser down and restarted it.. Things are changing fast right now, it's gonna be a bit unstable for a bit and cookies will mess with you.

It just went on-line tonight after playing with phBB

Quote Originally Posted by OSN View Post
    I can't seem to locate the shoutbox. ??? :P
    I almost vote that not happen, as much as I love a good bawbox. I can host an IRC channel if need be, or possibly 2, one for bullshit, one for a "take it to the baw" technical conversation.

Probably a conversation somewhere else but it's good to know what people's server's accept in terms of IRC servers, it's known that DAL.NET has been blocked from some places.

The BAW is a known server killer, I think we can all agree we want fast and now.

Administrator
    There are a lot of (practically all of them) administrative functions that I'm locked out of. I can go into each user as a moderator though, and you're all coming up with "Display Avatar" selected. It even lets me select, and upload an avatar. So, it's probably on the administrative side that I can't seem to access at this time.

worked for me.

As much as I hate to say it - to drive traffic, a for sale section will be required. It does have the added side benefit of allowing one to weed out the new members with reading comprehension deficits.

Founding Member
    ^^Agree. A for sale section is a huge plus. You guys will just have to decide if there is a need for a min. post count to use it or not.IMO

Administrator
    I'm on board for a classifieds section. Need to develop ground rules and waiver of liability statements prior to creating the forum.

So do we think there would be any copyright issues with me posting up old CA&E and CSR install scans?

I have been scanning them for a while and posting them on the ampguts forum... yeah no one else knew there was an ampguts forum either. There is NO traffic on the forum side, everyone goes to the pics and that's it. I am an administrator there so I can help keep the amp pics straight and approve new ones.

If it's cool make a sub section somewhere and I'll post up the ones I have and get back to adding more. I think I've done about 8 or 9 so far. I would much rather my effort go here than there where they are lost.

You can see them here... http://ampguts.com/forum/classic-car-audio-installs-18/

I always cite the mag they came from. It could bring some traffic. If you google 'Lucio Proni Mustang' that thread is the third hit.
    Last edited by imjustjason; 08-17-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added the last bit

Administrator
    Jason, I'm waiting to hear back about whether that will be okay. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.