View Poll Results: Are you seeing database errors?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never.

9 60.00%
  • I've seen one or two.

4 26.67%
  • I see them occasionally.

1 6.67%
  • I see them regularly.

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Database Errors

just got my very first one

same here

Founding Member
    No issues at all since blowing out the cookies on the iPad months ago. Site is fast ad responsive for me.

Hmmm, is it possible that I have not seen issues because I have the ads blocked? That's just client side though isn't it?

Real Name
    Adam
    Correct. That is client side. The errors are in the mysqli database due to a concurrent connections limit configuration in apache.

I'm talking to a shared hosting service that specializes in vB at the moment. Might be a good way to improve reliability while not making the big jump to a VPS.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

6. 01-04-2011, 11:10 PM

Seems like DIYMA might be suffering from some database errors of it's own. Maybe a new rash of bots?
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

I just got it for a while this morning. I am also deleting some spam, more than usual. ironically......

CITES :: Holiday Gift from the Spammers: Incoming Spam at UIUC Drops to Lowest Rate Ever - U of I

Maybe the Russians are concentrating on forums!

What I don't understand, and Al can probably chime in on, is the fact that this place is by no means huge, WTF are these "low cost" servers intended for? I think I'm WAY out of touch.

Maybe it's a conspiracy. They offer you a cheap server, then release the bots to max our your capability. Much like antivirus software companies releasing their own viruses. Supply/demand.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Alan
    Hell, my site is even smaller and I usually have under 10 people online at any time, including guests...yet I get emails from my host referring to too many SQL connections. I don't know what host MSS is using, but I'm on a shared server with Host Gator and after doing some research, I've found out that it only allows 25 connections to a specific table at any one time. What doesn't make sense is that 10 users can't make 25 connections, so there must be something else going on with either the host or with vBulletin.

http://forums.hostgator.com/max-user...ips-t4388.html