View Poll Results: Are you seeing database errors?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never.

9 60.00%
  • I've seen one or two.

4 26.67%
  • I see them occasionally.

1 6.67%
  • I see them regularly.

1 6.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Database Errors

Wonder if the server is holding the connections open after a user disconnects? This would eat up the number of concurrent connections pretty quick. I had a similar issue with 20 clients on a 30 connection IMAP email server. The server just wouldn't release the connection fast enough for the user to make another query.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Adam
    Vbulletin controls persistent connections and they are turned off.

I'm switching hosts as soon as I have sufficient funding to cover a year of service (one year gets a discounted rate + rebate).
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Alan
    So you're the one causing my forum to be slow :p

I am not getting any errors but the site is slow as fuck. Also when I click the new posts tab is frequently tells me there are no new posts when there are.

Administrator
    Changing hosts over the next 24 hours. Please bear with me as we make the transition...

-Adam

6. 01-05-2011, 10:27 PM

Founding Member
    I was having serious problems the last few minutes, but logging out and back in seemed to have cleared up my issues so far.

Sweet we're back!!
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Adam
    We're on the new host server. Some service providers take a little longer to update their DNS records cache, so some are still seeing the forum on the old server (with the "We're switching hosts" message). On my iPhone via 3G I'm still seeing the old site until the DNS records are updated.

The new hosting package is more expensive, but hopefully we'll see fewer database errors and a speedier forum, and a more pleasant user experience is well worth the cost.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Alan
    So did this resolve the issues?

Real Name
    Adam
    Yes. It appears to have solved most of the issues. I still have some bot ip-banning to do at the server level, but the new hosting package is a big leap forward in performance so far and should be good up to 150 concurrent users. Shoot me a pm if you want the details.