View Poll Results: Are you seeing database errors?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never.

9 60.00%
  • I've seen one or two.

4 26.67%
  • I see them occasionally.

1 6.67%
  • I see them regularly.

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Database Errors

Real Name
    Adam

Database Errors

Are you guys seeing any? I've seen one myself, and I get email notifications about others, but I'm not sure if bots are hitting the server and overloading the connections limit, or if it's actual legit users.

Please answer the poll and feel free to share any additional thoughts.

If I need to upgrade the hosting, I'll do that, but obviously it's a big cost increase.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

It's been slower here, by quite a bit at times, and it's not on my end. I have nuked a couple spammers too (which was VERY rare), dunno if you saw it.

It SHOULD NOT be that much sower given the lack of traffic during the holidays. The slowness started about 10 days ago and I did not bring it up thinking you were tweaking, it was sudden, not incremental.. I don't think it's a server thing unless something is hitting it hard, I'd look into that or maybe I should learn how to do that.

IMHO something opened up. Slow, then after 3-4 days, spammers getting in, something is funky.

It's been slower here, by quite a bit at times, and it's not on my end. I have nuked a couple spammers too (which was VERY rare), dunno if you saw it.

It SHOULD NOT be that much sower given the lack of traffic during the holidays. The slowness started about 10 days ago and I did not bring it up thinking you were tweaking, it was sudden, not incremental.. I don't think it's a server thing unless something is hitting it hard, I'd look into that or maybe I should learn how to do that.

IMHO something opened up. Slow, then after 3-4 days, spammers getting in, something is funky.

POW got a database error. on post...

and it duped after I added, weird.

and it duped after I added, weird.

Real Name
    Alan
    I've received emails about errors my site, but I haven't seen any errors on the site itself...neither there, here, nor EMSQ.

I haven't seen database errors, or any slowdown, but I am mainly reading. I did see a really large number of guests reported one time, something like 2 members and 14 guests, which seemed a tad odd.

I was looking at it during shopnight Cool down stretches last night and it was all bots and spiders on.

Was just locked out for a good 5 minutes with a database error. Ended just now...
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Adam
    Looking at switching hosts shortly. Need to get funding figured out, then I'll pull the trigger.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg