Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have not found anything to keep the seams of MLV together over a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by n_olympios View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, yeah I saw that too.

It's a pity that SDS became a commercial site now, although in the past I'd thought it would inevidably be at some point.
    Yes, but in a way, no. What you learn from the site now is that damping material isn't as important as we thought, and therefore the comparison between products is of less importance. The essential information - butyl vs asphalt, and which products are safe purchases - is easily found on the Internet. The info that Don now provides is not as easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtodan View Post
    Yes, but in a way, no. What you learn from the site now is that damping material isn't as important as we thought, and therefore the comparison between products is of less importance. The essential information - butyl vs asphalt, and which products are safe purchases - is easily found on the Internet. The info that Don now provides is not as easy to find.
    I agree It is discouraging to see this kind of backsliding, but there has absolutely been a shift for the good on most forums. 25% coverage with an effective vibration damper is widely accepted and there is a much better understanding of the tools available and their relative importance.

Founding Member
    Are you stretching it? Try compressing it slightly, the creep should make the seam tighter over time, not looser.