Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vifa OT19NC00 2/3" Ring Radiator Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    That graph shows why they sounded lousy crossed in below 4K... they drop in output from 1k to 4k and then flatten out.
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

Test results on Zaph's blog...

Yea, I saw that. The 2nd order distortion rise below 4k might explain what I was hearing.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

FIrst time I looked at the graph, I was like it's not that bad...then it dawned on me that I didn't pay attention to the 2nd order being so high.

Just looking at that, I would say 3.5k would be as low as I would want to take that puppy.

But then again if I were crossing around in that area, it would be really really really hard NOT to buy the little Dayton ND20FB...that is one sweet little tweeter if you are above 4k or so. It was really hard for me not to use them in my car. I bet PE would sell more of those if they cost more so people would take them seriously.