Thread: TPMS interferance Power wire?

TPMS interferance Power wire?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been answered before. I suddenly have a TPMS malfunction (as indicated by a 1 second on 3 second off flashing tpms light). Now I could have damaged something, but I doubt it. The only other thing I can think of is that I ran some power wire 10gauge to my ms8 in my trunk. the wire does pass kind of close to the tpms receiver. Think this could cause any interference?

2009 impreza hatch if it matters.

Update

So I pulled the fuse leading to the ms-8 and drove around for about 4 minutes and the light went off. Put it back in and after 10 minutes of driving the issue came back. So I rerouted the wire and haven't had an issue yet.

Lesson learned.

hmm...thats weird but good to know

That is pretty trippy.

I would be curious what happens if you put the fuse back in and pull the fuse from the MS-8 module. Might tell you something...?

But have not caused any TPMS indications in any BMWs or the Ford Focus we've done MS-8s in.
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

I have a feeling it's more to do with the 12volt wire going directly under the reciever than the appliance it was powering (almost in contact with it). I wouldn't think it would pull enough current to cause that much interference..... But I'm not an ee or signal engineer so I can't really say what the issue was. I can say that moving the wire fixed the issue, putting it back replicated the issue.....

if the wire has no current it cannot radiate, thus it should be just fine. it's probably the PS in the MSgreat messing with it. a couple wraps around a ferrite may have solved it.

I was going to say, there is probably a crystal on the board for one of the microprocessors. What would really suck is if there was superheterodyning going on.

I wasn't going to explain that part, it was an easy test and I had an agenda behind it... besides, Chad, an antenna carries current, right ?
    "Of course, the laws of science contain no matter and have no energy either and therefore do not exist except in people's minds. It's best to be completely scientific about the whole thing and refuse to believe in either ghosts or the laws of science. That way you're safe. That doesn't leave you very much to believe in, but that's scientific too."

Yes it does....Lots of it At resonance, if not the power is reflected to the transmitter. Just to throw another kink into it. Many antennas are grounded at one end. But at specific frequencies show open.