Thread: Driver Testing: Drivers you'd like to see tested

Driver Testing: Drivers you'd like to see tested

***The obligatory foreward:
    FOR ALL RULES REGARDING LIABILITY/SENDING/TURNAROUND TIME for testing, see this thread:
    Rules/Terms for sending drivers in for testing - DIYMA.com
    I won't answer any questios in this thread about the above. If I see them asked, I'll delete them. This thread is strictly for discussion of drivers you'd like to see tested or would like to have tested.***

As far as upcoming testing goes, what drivers would you guys put on your "wishlist" and what would you like to contribute to have tested?

Now, if anyone here can fullfill the wishlist requests, let us know.

If someone sees a driver offered up for testing and they'd like to see it tested, let us know.

So far I've tested the Hybrid Audio L3SE and will be re-testing (based on new conditions/advancements in the test room) the Audible Physics AR3K and XR3M-LE. This data will be posted by the weekend. After that, I've got a couple other drivers being sent out to me.

Klippel testing is at least a few weeks out. I'm not guaranteeing I can test anything just yet, but wanted to go ahead and get the thread generated for interest purposes.
    Last edited by ErinH; 04-22-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

Real Name
    George
    Acoustic Elegance AV series
    Creative Sound Solutions Trio12
    Exodus Audio Shiva
    Tc Sounds LMR

B&C 6ndl44 or 38
    BG Neo8-S

Raal Ribons

I think it would be awesome if you could test 10% THD Klippel parameter method and then compare it to SE.

I have a set of Dayton 4"'s coming from foxy to here.. You want them broken in or not? I have a fast way of making drivers "broken in."

Founding Member
    Real Name
    Kevin
    I posted this on the other forum, so I'll post it up here too. I have a pair of Faital Pro 3FE20's (3" widebander) I will send to you. Testing a pair could give us some insight on the QC consistency possibly.

Faital Pro 3FE20 3" Speakers - Faital Pro 3FE20 mid-high speaker has a wide frequency range from 100Hz to 20kHz and has a lightweight neodymium magnet - Faital Pro 3FE20 40 watt 3" has an efficiency of 91dB SPL for all high quality mid-high applicati

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I posted this on the other forum, so I'll post it up here too. I have a pair of Faital Pro 3FE20's (3" widebander) I will send to you. Testing a pair could give us some insight on the QC consistency possibly.
    Do you have any pics of the driver? I wanted to see the back side, motor And spider area if possible.
    I also would like to see this driver tested.

Announcement...

After this weekend all testing is DONE for an undefined time.
    We're putting the house up for sale in the next couple weeks. Doing the finishing touches right now to get it ready for appraisal. That means the huge ass baffle upstairs has to come down. I'm keeping it all for the next house, though. Yea, yea...

I've got a few drivers left to test and post data for:
    HAT L6, L6SE, L4, & L4SE. I've only got HD to do for the L6's left. I'll cut the baffle for the L4's this weekend sometime, do the test, post the data and then I'm d-u-n.

Been a good run. Definitely a learning experience. I certainly have plans to continue this in the next home but time will tell how I'm able to achieve it.
    Actually started working on plans for the next one already and met with our designers (aka: my wife's father and uncle) to draw out some plans. Trying to stay ahead in case we actually sell our current home. Don't wanna be stuck in home-rental limbo for longer than I have to just in case we luck up and sell quickly (not holding my breath). Regardless, the baffle can't stay upstairs so testing is done after this weekend.

Anyway, just wanted to update. I appreciate everyone's input. Hopefully I can pick back up sometime in the future with an even better setup.
    I'm out!

/Kostanza
    Last edited by ErinH; 05-26-2011 at 01:25 AM.
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!