View Poll Results: Which should be the main theme?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Space

11 40.74%
  • Carbon

4 14.81%
  • Red

0 0%
  • Maroon

2 7.41%
  • The default vBulletin blue and white

10 37.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New default theme

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    Thanks for the input. So it seems that it's not necessarily the colors that you like, but the simplicity (and a light background)?
    Yeah, I don't mind other colors...I just don't like dark backgrounds.
    98 Accord Sedan
    860MP | APX4241+ Enigma + Ebony | P-2100+ AE IB15

Real Name
    Alan
    I'm testing another theme and am looking for input. Try "Test" and see what you think. I have only messed with the main forum menu, so deeper levels are still the default VB blue.

The test one is nice. I like the more muted colors. I'd put it right up there with the forum default.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Alan
    Thanks.

Founding Member
    Is there any theme that will make the page load faster? does any theme enable any function to reduce the amount of data that comes through the pipe besides cutting avatars and signatures? What's really important is the text and the ads....all the fancy bulletin board stuff is pretty cool, but not if it seriously bogs down the ability to browse...

Anyways, do you know if any of these themes actually reduce the volume of sent data and improve load times?

Real Name
    Alan
    I read on the vBulletin forums that some browsers don't handle radiused corners on the forum blocks very well, so the new themes I'm coming up with have square corners. I don't know why that is, but it seems to be a common thing. I'll see if I can find any other tricks.

Cant say I notice any slowdown using the custom themes that don't have a full background image. This 'Test' theme has the same performance as the Default.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Alan
    Do you think the space theme would be improved if only the header had the space image and the background was just a solid color?

Real Name
    Adam
    Yes. The key to any header/background combo is to make sure it's always a full width bar (like VB default) or make it blend seamlessly with the background such that it doesn't have a hard edge. For the current MSS logo I did the text over a clear background in photoshop so the text just lays on top of whatever the page has in place.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Alan
    I changed the 'Space' theme to a solid background and space header. Hopefully it will look less busy and help the page load faster. I also centered the logo.