View Poll Results: Which should be the main theme?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Space

11 40.74%
  • Carbon

4 14.81%
  • Red

0 0%
  • Maroon

2 7.41%
  • The default vBulletin blue and white

10 37.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New default theme

Real Name
    Alan

Lightbulb New default theme

We have added a few new custom themes to the site and were having trouble deciding which one to make the new default skin. This theme will be the main one that people will see when they enter the site, although they can be changed at will, depending on your taste. Please check them out by using the drop-menu at the bottom left of the main forum and then vote for your favorite. Also, if you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know.

:thumbsup:

Real Name
    Alan
    I would like to thank everyone for their participation. I noticed that there is quite a following for the basic vBulletin default. Is this because you just don't want a custom theme, or is there something about the new themes that you don't like? Is there anything that I could change to improve them? Please let me know.

PS...I would like to clarify that we're not eliminating the VB blue, it can still be chosen in your personal preferences. We are simply finding the theme that would make MSS stand out from the rest.

Thanks again.

Not wanting to appear a complete wanker, but how do I view these themes?

Real Name
    Adam
    Lower left corner of the site. Should see something that currently says "default style". You can select the others from that menu.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Gotta say I do like the default the best. Second best is the maroon. Just something about the maroon I don't like. Believe it's a font related issue.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    I would like to thank everyone for their participation. I noticed that there is quite a following for the basic vBulletin default. Is this because you just don't want a custom theme, or is there something about the new themes that you don't like? Is there anything that I could change to improve them? Please let me know.

PS...I would like to clarify that we're not eliminating the VB blue, it can still be chosen in your personal preferences. We are simply finding the theme that would make MSS stand out from the rest.

Thanks again.

I like the default theme because:

-I prefer white backgrounds in every case. Dark backgrounds make my eyes all weird after 5 minutes of reading.
    -The other themes make the page scroll slower. Don't know how or why. Win7/1.8GHz x 2/2GB RAM so I'm not on a 10 year old machine...
    98 Accord Sedan
    860MP | APX4241+ Enigma + Ebony | P-2100+ AE IB15

Real Name
    Alan
    Thanks for the input. So it seems that it's not necessarily the colors that you like, but the simplicity (and a light background)?

I tried the red and maroon for a while. Went back to the white. It just seems easier to read and on the dark backgrounds some of the links were hard to see

Real Name
    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I tried the red and maroon for a while. Went back to the white. It just seems easier to read and on the dark backgrounds some of the links were hard to see
    Thanks, I'll look into it