Thread: Blackberry Issue

Real Name
    Sam

Blackberry Issue

I don't know if anything can be done about this or not but...I fat fingered my crackberry while replying to Erin's build log thread before I was done. No problem, hit the edit post button, typed out the three or four sentences, and hit save. Nothing. Tried hitting the go advanced button, nothing.

Logged out, logged back in, tried editing again; nada. Never had this issue before and I've made quite a few posts on here via the BB while sitting in airports. Nothing's changed on my end (same BB, same OS, same forum settings).

I blame this all on al12,000.
    Pioneer - Helix - Kenwood - Fountek - SEAS - xtant - Phoenix Gold
    Team EMD - Team Show Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Whitledge Designs View Post
    Jon Whitledge wishes people would focus on the value and significance his work rather than nitpick about things that are inconsequential.
    :thumbsup:

Real Name
    Adam
    It's an issue with vB 4.1.4. My non-technical understanding is that they upgraded to a webkit compatible editor and that has caused some issues with mobile devices. Fixes are said to be forthcoming. In the meantime you may want to try disabling the WYSIWYG editor in favor of the basic editor and see if that helps. I'll look into it more this evening to see if any patch files are available.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Sam
    Thanks Adam.

Jon Whitledge wishes people would focus on the value and significance his work rather than nitpick about things that are inconsequential.

Real Name
    Adam
    Okay, spent some time reading the support forums and what I gather is that I can either tweak a bunch of stuff and upload some "non-official" fixes (and also request that some users disable javascript in their mobile browsers) or I can wait for 4.1.5 in which vB is saying all of these issues have been addressed (they tend to roll these revisions out pretty quickly). I know that's not a terribly helpful answer, but I'm not willing to risk damaging something via an unsupported fix at this point.

Really wish I had identified some of these issues prior to doing the upgrade. I need to set up a sandbox to test out the upgraded versions before I do this again.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Sam
    No worries, I'll just try to be more attentive on ye olde shitberry. :thumbsup: