Thread: Forum Blocks

Real Name
    Adam

Forum Blocks

Do you guys like the forum blocks on the right side of the main forum page? I'm considering disabling them because I think they lead to people only discussing the couple topics that are currently in the blocks, and they miss other active threads. I completely missed a couple build log submission because they were cleared from the "new posts" block before I had a chance to see them.

Removing them would cause users to have to enter subforums more often which is probably a good thing.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Alan
    I could live without them, I normally keep them closed anyway. If they showed different info, like updated build logs or something like that, I would like them better.

Gotta admit.. this forum isn't the fastest moving place on the net.. and I check in a few times a day. Usually all that is happening is listed on the right. I kinda like it.. but you're right I don't step into the sub forums as a result.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Alan
    Also, what if we were to change the forum order to include a 'welcome' forum at top

Welcome
    --New Members Start Here...(Introduce Yourself; Goals, Rules and Expectations; etc.)
    --Site Announcements
    --Help

Real Name
    Adam
    That's a good idea Al. I say go for it. I think we probably need to consolidate subforums in general, so I'll start thinking about what we can group today.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Alan
    I also moved the build logs to the top. :five:

Real Name
    Adam
    Just testing subscription function.

Real Name
    Adam
    Test again