Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MiniDSP 2x8

I can deal with the delay when I start the car in the morning. What's really aggravating is that with Audi head unit wiring, the head unit turns off as soon as you shut off the car. If you want to park, shut off the engine and keep listening, you have to let the BitOne shut down and then start up again. I have wasted a lot of gas idling my V8 in parking lots just to finish a song.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtodan View Post
    I can deal with the delay when I start the car in the morning. What's really aggravating is that with Audi head unit wiring, the head unit turns off as soon as you shut off the car. If you want to park, shut off the engine and keep listening, you have to let the BitOne shut down and then start up again. I have wasted a lot of gas idling my V8 in parking lots just to finish a song.
    Maybe you can put a delayed off that runs off a small cap. That way it will hold over the remote turnon while the ignition is reactivating it.

Maybe you could hook up the BitOne to the miniDC Isolator that miniDSP had made for the 2x4 processor to help. If your car will re-apply power to the remote wire within 3 seconds, maybe the isolator would keep it from ever losing remote power. You would have to call and find out if it will reapply the 12v+ remote out circuit immediately if you cut power and then reapply power within 3 seconds. Am I making any sense? Might be a lot of effort just to solve a relatively small problem but the thing is tiny and only $12.

miniDC Isolator | miniDSP

Maybe you could hook up the BitOne to the miniDC Isolator that miniDSP had made for the 2x4 processor to help. If your car will re-apply power to the remote wire within 3 seconds, maybe the isolator would keep it from ever losing remote power. You would have to call and find out if it will reapply the 12v+ remote out circuit immediately if you cut power and then reapply power within 3 seconds. Am I making any sense? Might be a lot of effort just to solve a relatively small problem but the thing is tiny and only $12.

miniDC Isolator | miniDSP

Founding Member
    no such thing as a small problem when the user experience is involved.

I have a TERRIBLE noise issue with this thing in my car.

Has anyone else actually installed this in a car yet?
    Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
    X-type Jaguar, 80 gig iPod, MiniDSP 2x8, ALPINE PDX-5, Seas 27TAFNCG's, Dayton RS180-4's, Dayton RSS315HO-44's

I just tore out my BitOne and plugged in the 2x8.

With my phone as the input source, there was no noise at all. With the HU as the input source, there was a huge din of noise (2x4 status).

Founding Member
    and you only need ONE pair of outputs? (L and R)? That would be SO easy to use those jensen transformers we talked about earlier!

People are mortified of transformers, just like they are mortified of single chambers for multiple (like) bass drivers, and setting gains without a multimeter.

I use a pair of isolation transformers on my miniDSP 2x8 analog IN. Works great! No noise what so ever.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s