Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Gold SD300.1 Digital Amp

Administrator

Phoenix Gold SD300.1 Digital Amp

Phoenix Gold created quite a buzz when it unveiled its SD-Series of class-D, miniature, high-performance mobile audio amplifiers at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show. Today, Phoenix Gold has unveiled yet another addition to its SD-Series: a 300-watt monoblock model that will begin shipping this May. Additionally, Phoenix Gold announced that the SD-Series models previously announced are now shipping, and are actually smaller than initially reported.

The new 300-watt monoblock amplifier is engineered with state of the art full range class-D circuitry that operates at over 70% efficiency and can fit in almost any installation and without sacrificing any of the legendary Phoenix Gold power. Cosmetically the amplifier looks nearly identical to the SD-Series models shown at CES, with a sleek, contoured heat sink and a smoked, translucent Plexiglas top that highlights the impressive electrical design inside. Stats for the SD300.1 and new, smaller dimensions for the rest of the line are as follows:

SD300.1 300-Watt Monoblock Class-D Mini-Amplifier

Dimensions: 7.36 L x 6.93 W x 2.0 H
    Freq Response: 1dB from 20Hz to 300Hz
    Signal/Noise: >90dB
    Low-Pass Crossover: 18dB per Octave
    Subsonic Filter: 12dB per Octave
    RMS Power: 200 x 1 @ 4

More...

Founding Member
    Another Ubuy Entry-Level Class D?

Real Name
    Adam
    Let's hope so. The more small class-d amps out there the better. Being able to fit 4 or 5 of these amps into the space that would have previously been occupied by a pair of A/B amps offers a lot of opportunities.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Sam
    They are ubuy but there was forum buzz over at phoenixphorum due to PG claiming they were designed in house, etc. IMO, they are the best looking ubuy variants I've seen so far. The five channel looked pretty impressive.
    Pioneer - Helix - Kenwood - Fountek - SEAS - xtant - Phoenix Gold
    Team EMD - Team Show Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Whitledge Designs View Post
    Jon Whitledge wishes people would focus on the value and significance his work rather than nitpick about things that are inconsequential.
    :thumbsup:

Real Name
    Adam
    Has pricing been released?
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Sam
    Not that I've seen but I lost interest after scoring all my Kenwood XR amps.

Jon Whitledge wishes people would focus on the value and significance his work rather than nitpick about things that are inconsequential.

where else would one look to find amps that use Ubuy designs? some of their amps under the "premium class ab" heading can be decent, a 2x300 @ 4ohms. not that the designs are the be all, end all to amp design and construction.
    i should really stay off of forums after a few drinks.

Real Name
    Sam
    We have a thread going on here for class D types that Jay started, I believe; just search "ubuy". For the other variants/classes, start up a new thread and the group can chime in.
    Last edited by sam3535; 07-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.

this small class D thing is getting me stoked. it would allow me to go with external DSP in the same space.

Founding Member
    ^^^Me to. I was considering the JL HD amps until JL brought out the XD line that was even smaller. These look very interesting as well.
    Team JL Audio, Team MSE (Mobile SoundStage Engineering), Team Zapco